But bear in mind that Im in the midlands

Anyone else care to add?

PS you tube clips might help folks make a decision

Cheers Mand :unsure:

OOOH bugger forgot to mention Andy Cannon I think hes a Pilsley Regular

Very good on the floor!

Mand :rolleyes:

Social source share

Does it count if you are good for the opening 30 seconds of something like 'Ton of Dynamite' or have you got to complete it all. If if it has to be to the whole record, let alone 5 or 6, Im out. :unsure:

Now if you go back to 1976!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Id throw my hat in the ring.

Ed

Social source share

Does it count if you are good for the opening 30 seconds of something like 'Ton of Dynamite' or have you got to complete it all. If if it has to be to the whole record, let alone 5 or 6, Im out. :rolleyes:

Now if you go back to 1976!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Id throw my hat in the ring.

Ed

Now then Ed I did say todays best dancers

But by the looks of this thread I dont think we have any!!!

Ive seen the dance comp youtube clips of alfreton and there are some great dancers on there

Andy Cannon being one of them

I always feel cheated if someone starts of well then fizzles out after 30 seconds tho !

Mand :unsure:

Social source share

Female wise it is almost certainally Gemma ,Martin and Helens daughter. Cant see there can be a better female dancer in The UK.

She is only 21 years old and at our last night at The Connaught was little less than spectacular dancing to "Compared to what" spun by Phil Richards.

Along with 3 male dancers also doing acrobatics she was more than a match for them , it was totally breathtaking.

I tried to film it on my camera but the light was a bit low and it did'nt turn out properly but will take a camcorder and flash next time.

Social source share

Female wise it is almost certainally Gemma ,Martin and Helens daughter. Cant see there can be a better female dancer in The UK.

She is only 21 years old and at our last night at The Connaught was little less than spectacular dancing to "Compared to what" spun by Phil Richards.

Along with 3 male dancers also doing acrobatics she was more than a match for them , it was totally breathtaking.

I tried to film it on my camera but the light was a bit low and it did'nt turn out properly but will take a camcorder and flash next time.

I would love to see it!

Social source share

I still like to dance. When I wore a lad, back in seventies and early eighties I thought I could mix it with the best.

Here in 2007 - I am rubbish!

:rolleyes:

I love to watch the movers and shakers Pete

I can still do a bit myself but keep the acrobatics for the bedroom PMSL

IM JOKING!!!!

Yes I love to dance even now

I watch the other dancers while Im not on the floor tho

Social source share

IM JOKING!!!!

Can you remember who taught you your moves ?

I remember teaching some of the local lads some of the floorwork moves on our front garden

I watched the lads at the palais then went home and taught them to my brother who then taught some of his mates

Funny how things like that catch on

I cant do those moves today but I can still somersault on trampoline and Im working on my back flips

I wouldnt use them on the dancefloor tho :rolleyes:

Social source share

Was a bit of a mover myself Mandy....too old and nackered now tho' :unsure:

not seen you for a bit...what you been up to

Bazza

Hey Barry You still are mate (I dont mean old and knackered!!)

But a little like Ed! who posted above!

Dont you wish they had camcorders and you tube back in the day?

Social source share

IM JOKING!!!!

Cheers for that Mand - those few words have lifted my spirits!

We can be lifted, lifted, lifted.

Lifted all the way!

:unsure:

Social source share

Hey Barry You still are mate (I dont mean old and knackered!!)

But a little like Ed! who posted above!

Dont you wish they had camcorders and you tube back in the day?

hey up MANDY, Bazza wishes they had electric back in the day :rolleyes:

Social source share

OOOOO Pete a lighthouse family fan eh?

Love thier uplifting music! :unsure:

Yep - I like the Family quite a bit. The music is very uplifting - some of it can be a little melancholy, but I like that too.

I think it was my mate Gavin Page that switched me onto them originally - along with Sounds of Blackness.

Pete

Social source share

Yep - I like the Family quite a bit. The music is very uplifting - some of it can be a little melancholy, but I like that too.

I think it was my mate Gavin Page that switched me onto them originally - along with Sounds of Blackness.

Pete

hes a member of SS isnt he?

Not heard of sounds of blackness

But Ive just added a new friend to myspace called Roy Young ...what a singer!

Sounds like Otis Redding

Social source share

fave dancer? no contest...Little Stevie ,,,,closely followed by Garrry Churm :unsure:

I ve only seen Steve on function at the junction short film

But I do know hes "legendary"

and a bloody nice fellow!

And Mr Churm but of course! very good also!

I like it when clubs name drop dancers too.... good for publicity

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

hes a member of SS isnt he?

He is a member on SS - he's a really nice geezer. He's a top DJ in my book - modern stuff, cool tunes etc. He runs Soul Essence at Yarmouth with Bob Cosby.

Have a listen to Sounds of Blackness - there's some stuff posted in refosoul on here. Try "Going all the Way" - wicked stuff!

Social source share

I ve only seen Steve on function at the junction short film

But I do know hes "legendary"

and a bloody nice fellow!

And Mr Churm but of course! very good also!

I like it when clubs name drop dancers too.... good for publicity

I thought he was joking abou Garry!? :rolleyes::yes:

Wouldn't mention too much about 'who taught' etc Mand, they'll be banging on about the virtues of bleedin' dance lessons again. :angry: Oh yeah whilst on the subject Simon, :wicked: about Trickster.. :unsure:

Social source share

Chris Harvey - from London. Hellcats Soul Club ... I made that last bit up .. :rolleyes:

LOL wooden spoons at the ready eh?

I shouldnt really say taught the blokes moves I should say passed them on and pinched them off all the great dancers at notts palais (bigging that club up ) :unsure: my mecca

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

I thought he was joking abou Garry!? :wicked::yes:

Wouldn't mention too much about 'who taught' etc Mand, they'll be banging on about the virtues of bleedin' dance lessons again. :angry: Oh yeah whilst on the subject Simon, :yes: about Trickster.. :unsure:

aaah you know him so well!!! a very "distinct" style to say the least,which i like :rolleyes: .

Funny thing recently,went to a nite and someone asked me if Garry was new to the scene cos 'quote'..."he can't dance",,nearly wet myself :yes: .

BTW,thanks god he don't read SS!!!!

Social source share

LOL wooden spoons at the ready eh?

I shouldnt really say taught the blokes moves I should say passed them on and pinched them off all the great dancers at notts palais (bigging that club up ) :unsure: my mecca

aaah you know him so well!!! a very "distinct" style to say the least,which i like :wicked: .

Funny thing recently,went to a nite and someone asked me if Garry was new to the scene cos 'quote'..."he can't dance",,nearly wet myself :yes: .

:yes::yes:

Social source share

I agree if it's the Liam I know.....Top Dancer :dance:

Is this the sum total of the N/S dancing world then?

9 top dancers from all those clubs??

I dont believe that for a second!!

Btw talk about not "teaching" Were a dying art form should we not be imparting with the scared moves to the younger generation??

Social source share

Mandy check out your dancers for actuall

Rythmn when they dance and then you will be down to 2

and then add on Gus who taught your guy how to Dance

AWWW Cmon Doug

Which of my guys do you mean Andy Cannon or Carl Piper

Have I see Gus Is he from sweet soul??

Im sure I keep perfect rythmn and time with the music :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

aaah you know him so well!!! a very "distinct" style to say the least,which i like :thumbsup: .

Funny thing recently,went to a nite and someone asked me if Garry was new to the scene cos 'quote'..."he can't dance",,nearly wet myself :thumbsup: .

Beware!

Don't be so sure...I saw him on Saturday and as we couldn't be bothered to write down email addresses, I told him to contact me through here.....so watch out! :unsure:

Social source share

Guest nubes

Kaz McCartney and her partner Tall Paul from Bolton/Manchester....Kate from Hull....Chantelle from Bedford....Jo originally from Rugby...now residing in York.....Sammy from Birmingham.....The Grand Master himself....Vernon from Bradford.....know at least 3 of these personally but i have not let that prejudice my final judgements...they are all stonking good dancers :thumbsup: Delx

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

I was thinking the "spinny boy" is very good too but then he's got 20 years more energy than most of us..... :thumbsup:

I'D HAVE GIVE SPINNY BOY A RUN FOR HIS MONEY 25YEARS PLUS AGO :unsure:

Social source share

Kaz McCartney and her partner Tall Paul from Bolton/Manchester....Kate from Hull....Chantelle from Bedford....Jo originally from Rugby...now residing in York.....Sammy from Birmingham.....The Grand Master himself....Vernon from Bradford.....know at least 3 of these personally but i have not let that prejudice my final judgements...they are all stonking good dancers :thumbsup: Delx

Hi Del Thanks for adding to the numbers of great dancers there are out there!!

As I said tho we should have some youtube footage would be great to watch

Having said that ..dont you just hate it when guys do floorworks and acro when theres no break in the song

NO NEED!!!

I think Dougie was also referring to this when he talked of people actually following the rythmn of the tune

Social source share

Guest nubes

Hi Del Thanks for adding to the numbers of great dancers there are out there!!

Having said that ..dont you just hate it when guys do floorworks and acro when theres no break in the song

NO NEED!!!

YES!!!!!...Delxx

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Is that Liams nick name then?

Mand

Thats what the Rugby crowd call him lol.... We just call him the young fella biggrin.gif

Very nice young man works hard for the Belfast Soul Club and yes a good dancer :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thats what the Rugby crowd call him lol.... We just call him the young fella :ohmy:

Very nice young man works hard for the Belfast Soul Club and yes a good dancer :thumbsup:

I do too Kev hes very good

I just caught sight of myself on a clip but its a photo

and Im not tellin

mwahahaha ph34r.gif

Social source share

The best female dancers I know are Kate from Hull & Jo from York & for the male is Paul from Sheffield, dont know where any of them getting the energy from & all have a unique style about them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert