• Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

anyone know anything about this - availability / price

ta, shep :thumbsup:

It's on the album with the boxers on the front. "Comin At You". It's not rare, probably one on ebay at the moment.

There is a rumour that a collector in the US has it on 45, but I don't think anyone in the UK has seen it so take that with a pinch of salt. It would be interesting to know what a 45 of it would go for if one ever did turn up. I know I'd be happy to pay a few quid for an original mercury 7", cracking tune rolleyes.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Song was originally done by Johnny Bristol - that's a nice version as well.

Sound clip? I don't recall that version? The Coke Escovado "Wouldn't Change A Thing" is quite possibly one of my all time favourate tracks. It's got the lot, if you appreciate 70s production with a slightly funky edge. It would probably sound really good in a main northern room these days if dropped in the right place, what with the Elipsis type sound seemingly becoming ever more popular...

Social source share

Song was originally done by Johnny Bristol - that's a nice version as well.

Now this we NEED to hear ! Was very happy to pick up the recent "Unique' 45 last week...I assume it's a legal reissue from France ?

But would love to hear the Johnny Bristol (he wrote it !), Epic. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Now this we NEED to hear ! Was very happy to pick up the recent "Unique' 45 last week...I assume it's a legal reissue from France ?

But would love to hear the Johnny Bristol (he wrote it !), Epic. :thumbsup:

Yes the re-issues are legal believe.

Johnny Bristol version is off his "Feeling The Magic" album from 1975 - great lp - also contains the brilliant Love Takes Tears - done by Margie Joseph as well.

Hope this works - enjoy people

PS Simon - Great job on the Marvin & Tammi - It's wonderful :shades:

Johnny_Bristol___I_Wouldn_t_Change_A_Thing_20_.mp3

Social source share

Johnny Bristol..... NICE ! I'm only just realising how much great stuff he did.

Thanx for the Marvin and Tammi comment..I'm a bit proud of it ! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

so the general consensus is - neither version is available on a 7", i dont do 12" or albums, for fear of divorce.

well satan pi**es on my bonfire yet again..... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Used to play this at Bensons Bar in the Boro years ago Shep --forgot just how good it is

Have to dig it out again---unless Liana,s managed to get her hands on it

Social source share

so the general consensus is - neither version is available on a 7", i dont do 12" or albums, for fear of divorce.

well satan pi**es on my bonfire yet again..... :shades:

If you read the thread carefully you will see that the Coke Escovedo is available on a 7" - albeit on a re-issue.

Available for £4.99 off Juno

Looks like your bonfire is still flickering. :thumbsup:

Edited by epic
Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

on a re-issue no.gif

id rather eat my own feet :shades:

If you read the thread carefully you will see that the Coke Escovedo is available on a 7" - albeit on a re-issue.

Available for £4.99 off Juno

Looks like your bonfire is still flickering. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hmmm....... but if it's not been on a 45 before it's technically not a reissue, it's a first 45/7" issue.

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

well satan pi**es on my bonfire yet again..... :thumbsup:

Start buying L.Ps then the real soul education will begin !

Daz

Social source share

Guest mel brat

anyone know anything about this - availability / price

ta, shep :thumbsup:

Coke Escovado had a few things played on the Jazz Funk scene C.1977/78. One of his was very big at the Ritz, but I can't recall the title offhand!

(from Wikipedia)

Coke Escovedo (born Thomas Escovedo) was an American percussionist born April 30, 1941 in Los Angeles, California. Escovedo died on July 13, 1986. Escovedo was a member of the rock band Santana, and later formed the musical group Azteca. Escovedo toured with Stevie Wonder and Herbie Hancock. Escovedo's niece is Prince collaborator Sheila Escovedo (aka Sheila E.). His song "Runaway (I Wouldn't Change a Thing)" was featured on the breakbeat compilation Ultimate Breaks and Beats. Coke's brothers include Peter Escovedo, who was also percussionist with Santana (and father of Sheila E) and Alejandro Escovedo, who is currently a prominant recording artist working in the Americana style of music and formerly led the 90's band the True Believers.

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

Hmmm....... but if it's not been on a 45 before it's technically not a reissue, it's a first 45/7" issue.

you'll do for me Simon, it'll sit nicely between terry callier - dont want to sell myself and sy hightower - i wonder why

Juno,s contact details anyone whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert