What Is This?...boobby Womack

ajb

am i going mad :thumbsup: , or does my cd player make songs sound different whistling.gif ......................

is there two versions of what is this?-bobby womack

i have a version on a minit/stateside compalation album, and i've just heard another version on the northern soul sensations cd and its sounds very different.

anyone shed any light on this?

alan

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I prefer the Minit one, but keyman one's nice.

Me too, Mik - and you also get the plus of the fantastic "What You Gonna Do" on the other side, a cracking southern dancer if ever there was one! (Same song as Margie Joseph on Volt for anyone who hasn't heard it).

Jackie De Shannon also did a version of "What Is This" on Imperial that uses the same arrangement of the Womack Minit 45 - hardly surprising, really, as Womack produced it.

Social source share

Me too, Mik - and you also get the plus of the fantastic "What You Gonna Do" on the other side, a cracking southern dancer if ever there was one! (Same song as Margie Joseph on Volt for anyone who hasn't heard it).

Jackie De Shannon also did a version of "What Is This" on Imperial that uses the same arrangement of the Womack Minit 45 - hardly surprising, really, as Womack produced it.

Yep, both are great in their own way.

Interesting thing with the Womack Keymen release , as with the The Fi Dels classic "Try A Little Harder" also on Keymen, the UK Jay Boy releases have far better and louder sound reproduction than the Keymen US originals !!!!

I always play the Jay Boys issues out !!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert