Any Advice Please, Membership Cards

Quinvy

Hi all, I'm looking to provide membership cards for the punters at my allnighter. A credit card sized piece of paper, printed with a design and a membership number, and laminated for long life.....

Any ideas of who to approach and costs involved would be much appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all, I'm looking to provide membership cards for the punters at my allnighter. A credit card sized piece of paper, printed with a design and a membership number, and laminated for long life.....

Why not do them yourself Phil... easy peasy! yes.gif

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

I want No 1 please, or if your pinching that I will accept number 7 Phil,

Paul

Social source share

I want No 1 please, or if your pinching that I will accept number 7 Phil,

Paul

That's just the 20 no.1's so far then Paul. :ohmy::thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks very much for the offer Kev, don't think it'll be anything too fancy. It's just to make life easier for the door staff to identify the allnighter crowd.

Phil.

I'd take him up on the offer Phil :thumbsup: a design even though its minimal, can look a 1000 times better than a home made jobbie just gives it a 'finished' look, hey look at it this way, you wouldn't want any thing less than quality records spun at your nighter why stop there? :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

That's just the 20 no.1's so far then Paul. :lol::thumbsup:

Never minded sharing me, Phil, you could make a whole load of us, No1 and satisfy about 100 rampant ego's :thumbsup: . Will settle for my absolute favourite No 7 (seven), but as long as I get a membership to one of the best rare/northern soul niters there has been around these parts in many a long year will be well happy with any number expect 6 or 666 as trevski has at Wilton n look at him :ohmy:

Paul

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

Of course i'll help you Phil... for membership # no.1 :thumbsup:

I will as well for No 7, got no chance against a beauty like Joan, have I

Paul

Edited by Paul Brennan
Social source share

Guest Kevin J

let me know if this works for you, or if you would like anything specific added. if no, i will get the proper files over to you via email. i get no.1 for designing it suckers!!

burnleymembercardcn2.jpg

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

let me know if this works for you, or if you would like anything specific added. if no, i will get the proper files over to you via email. i get no.1 for designing it suckers!!

burnleymembercardcn2.jpg

Social source share

burnleymembercardcn2.jpg

That looks fantastic Kevin. Will I be able to reduce the size to credit card measurements? Just thinking that people need to be able to store them in their wallets.

Phil.

Edited by quinvy
Social source share

That looks fantastic Kevin. Will I be able to reduce the size to credit card measurements? Just thinking that people need to be able to store them in their wallets.

Phil.

Must agree with you Phil - think that looks - well just perfect - brilliant design Phil :thumbsup:

Karen

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Phil.

No Phil, the actual size is 8' x 4' and will fit on either side of a 19mm sheet of external grade ply :thumbsup:laugh.gif

Must say, the design is fantastic and would look even more fantastic on plain white 'credit card' size plastic.

Nice work, Kev :D

Jamie :D

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

That's just the 20 no.1's so far then Paul. :lol::D

Have you had many more odd requests for numbers?....

One of my mates wanted 00 soul,

my eldest son wanted 69....couldn't work out why.... :thumbsup:

I got number 1, the other half wanted 7, he's lucky enough having me..... :D

Originally we thought if we had a problem getting an all-niter licence, then we could say we were a members only club.

Now we're up to nearly 400, a little bit of fun, nostalgia and a way of keeping in touch for e-mails and post-outs.... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

i just made it big so that you can see it on-screen. actual dimensions are 2 x 3.5"

Phil.

Social source share

Have you had many more odd requests for numbers?....

One of my mates wanted 00 soul,

my eldest son wanted 69....couldn't work out why.... :thumbsup:

I got number 1, the other half wanted 7, he's lucky enough having me..... unsure.gif

Originally we thought if we had a problem getting an all-niter licence, then we could say we were a members only club.

Now we're up to nearly 400, a little bit of fun, nostalgia and a way of keeping in touch for e-mails and post-outs.... :D

There's actually a lot of night clubs in the area, and it was just so that the door staff would know who was genuine, and who was just trying to get in for a late drink.

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

tee hee ... its a 2-page pdf. i laid it out with 10 card each page (1 page front, 1 page back). even included trim marks so you old blind buggers know where to cut em out :thumbsup:

sent yesterday, but havent heard back to confirm that he got it okay.

Social source share

tee hee ... its a 2-page pdf. i laid it out with 10 card each page (1 page front, 1 page back). even included trim marks so you old blind buggers know where to cut em out :unsure:

sent yesterday, but havent heard back to confirm that he got it okay.

I'm not surprised... he'll be sat staring at it thinking wtf..... :thumbsup:

Social source share

phil - you get that file okay?

Hello Kevin,

Many thanks, yes I recieved the file. I'm waiting to collar Joans hubby Tony, to explain to me how to print them, and hopefully borrow a laminating machine. :thumbsup:

Do you have the technology to try different colours out? I printed a couple of samples off and they look a bit bland. [not as bright as on the screen] just a thought, I would like to see different colours to compare the visual impact. I was thinking purple or claret?

Anyway, I'm very greatful for your help, thanks again.

Phil.

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

claret? is that some sort of obscure english color?! LOL!! :unsure:

(oh wait, apparently i wasnt far off ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claret)

yeah i can give you a couple more color options if you like. expect something end of day today.

kev

Hello Kevin,

Many thanks, yes I recieved the file. I'm waiting to collar Joans hubby Tony, to explain to me how to print them, and hopefully borrow a laminating machine. :thumbsup:

Do you have the technology to try different colours out? I printed a couple of samples off and they look a bit bland. [not as bright as on the screen] just a thought, I would like to see different colours to compare the visual impact. I was thinking purple or claret?

Anyway, I'm very greatful for your help, thanks again.

Phil.

Edited by Kevin J
Social source share

There's actually a lot of night clubs in the area, and it was just so that the door staff would know who was genuine, and who was just trying to get in for a late drink.

Hi Phil,

This is Burnley we are talking about! You would get a chorus of "How Much?" when a tenner was mentioned, and they would troop off to The Isa Bar, Walkabout or the many other late places that are free or ask a nominal amount for entry.

Does this mean we can't get in without a membership card in future, or will there be a simple question to answer in order to get past the local militia on the door?

Something like the Weakest Link yesterday, when someone was asked to name a whisky distilled in Scotland called Johnny .........? The contestant answered Glenfiddich!!!

ATB,

Brian B

Social source share

Hi Phil,

This is Burnley we are talking about! You would get a chorus of "How Much?" when a tenner was mentioned, and they would troop off to The Isa Bar, Walkabout or the many other late places that are free or ask a nominal amount for entry.

Does this mean we can't get in without a membership card in future, or will there be a simple question to answer in order to get past the local militia on the door?

Something like the Weakest Link yesterday, when someone was asked to name a whisky distilled in Scotland called Johnny .........? The contestant answered Glenfiddich!!!

ATB,

Brian B

No worries for getting in Brian, I'll make sure that you get a card anyway, it's just an aid for the door staff.

Social source share

Hiya fellers

Did you get your cards sorted?

My missus runs a singles club (no laughing at the back, please) and has the facility to design and print memberships cards, and laminate them.

Get in touch with Karen on northernlink@btconnect.com or e-mail me if you need any help.

Cheers

Dave

PS I think she was talking to you at the end of Lowton last week, you'll recognise her!

I'll PM you too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert