The Delfonics Tv Clip Uk Top Of The Pops 1971

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUeJiapifSc

Always nice to see the boys, one of the great Philly soul groups, but this clip is extra interesting for several reasons ...

Firstly, they're in the UK performing live with the Top of the Pops Orchestra backing 'em ..

and Secondly this is from the time when Major Harris had just joined the group , he having had several solo chart failures with rubbish like Call Me Tomorrow on Okeh wicked.gif

Super stuff though ! :thumbsup:

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Hunnymon

Great clip. I didn't think the Major joined until 74?

The orchestra looked to be classical trained musicians, I wonder what they thought when they were told that they were needed to play on Top Of The Pops backing The Delfonics?

Social source share

Great clip. I didn't think the Major joined until 74?

The orchestra looked to be classical trained musicians, I wonder what they thought when they were told that they were needed to play on Top Of The Pops backing The Delfonics?

Nope, he only lasted a short time with the Delfonics.

By '74 Major Harris was having his biggest ever solo hit with Love Won't Let Me Wait.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

Yes you are right. You know I was so sure he joined the Delf's just for the one "Alive and Kicking" album then left.

None the less it's given me a great excuse here to upload one of my favourite Delfonics tracks.

One from the Major too!

9___my_new_love.mp3

Social source share

Nice one sunnysoul :thumbsup: big Delfonics fan meself don"t actually remember seeing them in their prime like this before so thanks for that.

Seem to remember reading that on the recording of the track Thom Bell played ALL :shades: the instruments.

Cheeers Paul

PS Read that in "A House On Fire" ( The Rise And Fall Of Philadelphia Soul ) John A. Jackson

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert