Simon M

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Nothing to do with the value but I think this was put out by the same guy who owned southern city records (paramount four / poodles ) I interviewed him around three years ago - he was really embarassed about the groups name lol. I must try and find his number and see whether he has any copies (being that its a modern tune I didn't ask him for a copy at the time whistling.gif )

ATB

Mike

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 12 2007, 08:01 PM) link
Nothing to do with the value but I think this was put out by the same guy who owned southern city records (paramount four / poodles ) I interviewed him around three years ago - he was really embarassed about the groups name lol. I must try and find his number and see whether he has any copies (being that its a modern tune I didn't ask him for a copy at the time whistling.gif )

ATB

Mike

I think this was put out by George Redman, who was originally in Chicago and had the Moneytown / Blue Light labels. He then went to New Orleans and also had a Moneytown label there (I think a couple funk records by a group called ManFaith on the label). He also did this record, his name's all over it. Not associated with the DC moneytown. I don't think he's the southern city guy, unless you're referring to another name on the record. I heard that George had passed, although I'd love to hear otherwise.

Social source share

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 12 2007, 08:01 PM) link Nothing to do with the value but I think this was put out by the same guy who owned southern city records (paramount four / poodles ) I interviewed him around three years ago - he was really embarassed about the groups name lol. I must try and find his number and see whether he has any copies (being that its a modern tune I didn't ask him for a copy at the time whistling.gif )

ATB

Mike

I think this was put out by George Redman, who was originally in Chicago and had the Moneytown / Blue Light labels. He then went to New Orleans and also had a Moneytown label there (I think a couple funk records by a group called ManFaith on the label). He also did this record, his name's all over it. Not associated with the DC moneytown. I don't think he's the southern city guy, unless you're referring to another name on the record. I heard that George had passed, although I'd love to hear otherwise.

post-5120-1176407009_thumb.jpg

Social source share

post-5120-1176407009_thumb.jpg

I'm happy to bow to your superior knowledge, I know next to nothing about 70's stuff - just remember when I spoke to the label owner he said they had recorded a band called Sex - and they were deffo not based in NO - probably just co-incidence that it was the same name :thumbsup:

All the best

Mike thumbsup.gif

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 14 2007, 05:16 PM) link
I'm happy to bow to your superior knowledge, I know next to nothing about 70's stuff - just remember when I spoke to the label owner he said they had recorded a band called Sex - and they were deffo not based in NO - probably just co-incidence that it was the same name :thumbsup:

All the best

Mike thumbsup.gif

Actually I was hoping that you would say that you knew George and that he was still alive! Thanks.

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 12 2007, 09:01 PM) link
Nothing to do with the value but I think this was put out by the same guy who owned southern city records (paramount four / poodles ) I interviewed him around three years ago - he was really embarassed about the groups name lol. I must try and find his number and see whether he has any copies (being that its a modern tune I didn't ask him for a copy at the time :thumbsup: )

ATB

Mike

if you pass his number on to me i'll ask him for you :shades:
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert