Georgie Fame/stormy

Anyone heard Georgie Fame's version of Stormy? It's pretty good! Can't compare to the sublime Diana Ross version though. Anyone know who did the original?

cheers,

Carl smile.gif

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The original version of Stormy is by the Classics IV, an American group who had several hits in the USA in the late 60s: Spooky, Stormy and Traces. Also a few minor hits. One of their tracks, 24 Hours Of Loneliness was played on the Northern scene as far as I know.

I haven't heard Georgie Fame's version, he's a good singer so should be quite acceptable, I like the Supremes' version, but prefer the Classics IV. Santana also did it.

I've got an LP of the Classics IV's better known stuff, still waiting for a decent retrospective CD.

Social source share

There's a really nice jazzy / bossa nova version of Stormy by Duke Pearson with Flora Purim on vocals.. came out about 1969 on Blue note records

sadly i havent got a clip of Georgie version to post.......have u got a clip of the Duke Pearson?

Carl

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've got an LP...still waiting for a decent retrospective CD.

Geoff, I have such a thing on the Australian label, Raven, that has more or less everything of importance. Raven has UK distribution, so I'd think you should be able to find it on amazon.co.uk....

Social source share

Geoff, I have such a thing on the Australian label, Raven, that has more or less everything of importance. Raven has UK distribution, so I'd think you should be able to find it on amazon.co.uk....

Thanks for that Tony, I've been on the Amazon site, and located one, will order today.

I like the other versions posted, does anyone know if there are any versions of the Classics IV's Traces by soul singers?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert