• Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bernadette Castro(Get Rid Of Him)

Can anyone send me an mp3 of this track please,played mid70s

Thanks.

If nobody's done this by tomorrow give me a shout to remind me and I'll knock one up for you. Always reminds me of Rob Lythall as it seemed to be permanently on his sales list. It's not great I have to say...

Godz

Social source share

Was it booted? Mine looks dodgy. It's a poppy/ tune for some reason I think there's another version too.

Absolutely dreadful record i(Nice Sax break but that's about it) - if any one wants to buy one pm me - think Nev Wherry used to play it late 70's - quite a big record in the East Mids.

I heard from Rob Lythall recently - he's been big in Record Fair circles for many years now.

Social source share

Guest Darks

Absolutely dreadful record i(Nice Sax break but that's about it) - if any one wants to buy one pm me - think Nev Wherry used to play it late 70's - quite a big record in the East Mids.

I've forgotton all about this. Was sort of popular when I started getting into the music. Truly diabolical, but what do I know. Pretty sure it was bootlegged.

The other version is by Dionne Warwick, on one of her Wand/Scepter albums (I think).

Regards.

Alan

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've forgotton all about this. Was sort of popular when I started getting into the music. Truly diabolical, but what do I know. Pretty sure it was bootlegged.

The other version is by Dionne Warwick, on one of her Wand/Scepter albums (I think).

Regards.

Alan

...and on a nice triangle centre South African Scepter 45, which I've posted up before but which I have no objections to posting up again!

The backing vocals on Dionne's version are by the Shirelles, while Bernadette had the Cookies for company on hers - which, despite the use of words like 'diabolical' to describe it in previous posrings, is actually a first rate 'girl group' type record. It's not in the least bit soulful, sure, but it's fabulous nonetheless...

TONE

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...And in case anyone was ever wondering "Whatever Happened To...", Bernadette did all right for herself:

https://www.rpts.tamu.edu/Pugsley/CastroB.htm

...This is most definitely the same woman, even though it doesn't mention the fact that she released around 10 singles between 1961 and 1964 on Colpix. Beach, Gold Coast and various other labels!

TONE

Social source share

Regards.

Alan

I've got this on a UK Pye International four track EP with a picture cover - can't think of the title off hand though :thumbsup:

Nice ZA 45 Tone! - What's on the other side and was it also released in the States?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Nice ZA 45 Tone! - What's on the other side and was it also released in the States?

Hi John,

No US single of this (or anywhere else in the world that I know of, for that matter) - the other side is "I Smiled Yesterday" (in fact, that's the A side) which was the US flip of "Don't Make Me Over", on Scepter 1239.

Best,

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Which was miles better!

...Wasn't it, though? It's one of the great tragedies of life that, due to some contractual wrangle, you can't get a CD of the original recordings of Alvin Stardust's Greatest Hits...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert