James Taylor

Guest kermack

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is a new one to me, very nice. But can I ask a question, and I don't want to look silly? Who is James Taylor. Surely not the white folk rock singer who sang Fire And Rain and You've Got A Friend? I think there is a group called the James Taylor Quartet, is this him?

I imagine I'm the only person on SS who doesn't know, but thought I'd ask.

Social source share

Ayup Geoff. If you're worried about looking silly on this site, forget it or join me. 'cause soon as I post this someone will come up with his entire life story.

As far as I know this was his only release on the label, Ovide 242 - "Everything about you" b/w "Love with hope", or anywhere else as far as that. Unless others know better.

It's DEFINATELY not the drony gravel voiced long haired dude, that JT would have to go someway to match this effort.

IMHO not that easy to pick up, I waited an age during my "Ovide" collecting phase (still trying to acquire 257 Pete Mays) and finally got a minty from the lovely Roger Banks for about 25 quid.

Social source share

Ayup Geoff. If you're worried about looking silly on this site, forget it or join me. 'cause soon as I post this someone will come up with his entire life story.

As far as I know this was his only release on the label, Ovide 242 - "Everything about you" b/w "Love with hope", or anywhere else as far as that. Unless others know better.

It's DEFINATELY not the drony gravel voiced long haired dude, that JT would have to go someway to match this effort.

IMHO not that easy to pick up, I waited an age during my "Ovide" collecting phase (still trying to acquire 257 Pete Mays) and finally got a minty from the lovely Roger Banks for about 25 quid.

Sorry Russ, I don't have his life story... but it was definately a Clifton Hall spin for POKE way back when.

A great choon mate!

Just a thought, if you collect/ed OVIDE... you ever seen a copy of "The Skipper Lee Story" on Ovide?

Probably the rarest Ovide 45... and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has got one.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Sean, who's Russ? Surely not someone else in Boza into Soul? I thought it was only me!

On the Ovide line, not heard of that one, I used/use the listing in VFtS Issue 23 as a listing with recommendations as a benchmark. Can you point me in the direction of a more comprehensive one?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert