Believe It Or Not

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Was that the one that was in very good / unplayed condition too? I think the seller was from Detroit and also had a copy of Anthony Raye for sale. The Impact label does a 'Danny Moore'? I hope so.

Yeah he had Anthony Raye too, was there one or two more off the label amongst his sales as well?

Social source share

description was vg++ few light paper scuffs, probably unplayed.

post-225-1175872706_thumb.jpg

unplayed thats the best thing for it , rare- yes , soul- ???, good - no - a very average dance record when compared to a lot of the quality sounds coming out of detroit at the time , had a copy once and outed it within a week

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

Nabay is not particularly great (as records tends to be case with records produced as a personal favor to the artist), but Anthony Raye is an appalling record. If it didn't share a logo with Jock Mitchell and Dena Barnes, it'd be a coaster. How much did that go for?

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

I spoke at length with the drummer of Nabay about 2 yrs ago

quite a time as well I had trying at first to convince him I wasnt Tim Ashbiende

mel

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

Yeah, ok, ok. Before anyone corrects me, I know Dena Barnes was on Inferno. :ohmy: I've not had my dinner and my blood sugar levels are low. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

quite a time as well I had trying at first to convince him I wasnt Tim Ashbiende

There MUST be a story behind that!! :wicked:

Social source share

unplayed thats the best thing for it , rare- yes , soul- ???, good - no - a very average dance record when compared to a lot of the quality sounds coming out of detroit at the time , had a copy once and outed it within a week

I think its a great record,one of my all time faves,love to hear it out :wicked:

Bazza

Social source share

AGREE FANTASTIC :wicked: , LOVE THE INTRO, I WISH I HAD ONE.

Speaking Of Sublimely Fantastic, Scene Affirming Intro's, And In Some Cases Exit's, This Ones Is Up At JM's Too. And I'd Think It's Infinitely Rarer As Well. Intro_c_.mp3 :ohmy:

Social source share

I SENCE AN AIR OF REGRET TONE AS YOU PROBABLY SOLD IT FOR A FIVER :)

think it was a tenner john , :wicked::yes::wub: talking of regrets andy spencer sent me a copy of eddie parker - im gone , when he was selling up circa 84 he wanted £70 , played it a couple of times and i sent it back to him telling him i prefered the billy sharae version , :ohmy:

Edited by Tony Parker
Social source share

think it was a tenner john , :wicked::D:D talking of regrets andy spencer sent me a copy of eddie parker - im gone , when he was selling up circa 84 he wanted £70 , played it a couple of times and i sent it back to him telling him prefered the billy sharae version , :)

:wub:laugh.gif:P:yes::ohmy::no:FANTASTIC TONY, TOTALLY MADE MY DAY.

Social source share

think it was a tenner john , :thumbsup::lol::yes: talking of regrets andy spencer sent me a copy of eddie parker - im gone , when he was selling up circa 84 he wanted £70 , played it a couple of times and i sent it back to him telling him i prefered the billy sharae version , :lol:

wasnt it the Gwen owens

Social source share

stuart bennet bought that copy of andy spencer,,,just after you sent it back tone,,, 90 quid ,,,ithink,,,,st s

think it was a tenner john ,
:thumbsup::thumbsup::yes:
talking of regrets andy spencer sent me a copy of eddie parker - im gone , when he was selling up circa 84 he wanted £70 , played it a couple of times and i sent it back to him telling him i prefered the billy sharae version ,
:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert