Cold Box For Djs

Guest Lobster Madras

Guest Russ Smith

I often carried a "cold box" when Dj'ing at certain club venues...

This was an old Lp box containing a blue ice cooler and many bottled beers.

Instead of being shafted for high prices, i could happily get sauced on supermarket priced booze, while never abandoning my post.

This was a tried and tested ploy learned from my old mate Max Rees when doing marathon 2/3/4 hour sets.

Mind you, you still had to put on a modern track to sprint to the carsie after a while.

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mind you, you still had to put on a modern track to sprint to the carsie after a while.

A well known UK northern soul DJ* DJing in Stockholm used empty pint glasses instead of leaving the DJ booth. Not sure what to call that though?

*no not Gareth

Social source share

Guest Dodger

I often carried a "cold box" when Dj'ing at certain club venues...

This was an old Lp box containing a blue ice cooler and many bottled beers.

Instead of being shafted for high prices, i could happily get sauced on supermarket priced booze, while never abandoning my post.

This was a tried and tested ploy learned from my old mate Max Rees when doing marathon 2/3/4 hour sets.

An essential DJ accessory for playing at the Hilton Weekenders!! :thumbsup: Sunburst Band 'Everyday' and Stevie Wonder full version of 'Do I Do' are my 'piss tracks'!! laugh.gif

And regarding using an empty pint glass? Disgraceful. Imagine if not one, but two people, took a drink from it at the end of the night. Heaven forbid!! :lol: :lol: :yes:

Social source share

And regarding using an empty pint glass? Disgraceful.

Well in Sweden we have proper dish washers at the pubs and clubs. I was terrified to see how Raynscourt did it - a small wash tub with green grey-ish water, one glass in every hand a couple of twitches, left upside down to (hopefully) dry and then ready to serve beer in again. Bottles for me this year! :thumbsup:

Edited by KarlM
Social source share

Well in Sweden we have proper dish washers at the pubs and clubs. I was terrified to see how Raynscourt did it - a small wash tub with green grey-ish water, one glass in every hand a couple of twitches, left upside down to (hopefully) dry and then ready to serve beer in again. Bottles for me this year! smile.gif

Simple, just stick to shorts. Drink so much that any thing nasty is killer by all the alcohol in you. :thumbsup:

Well it's one plan anyway!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Simple, just stick to shorts. Drink so much that any thing nasty is killer by all the alcohol in you. thumbsup.gif

Well it's one plan anyway!!!!!!!!!

Well that's what my friend did, drank whisky by the litre just to fall asleep in a chair in the lobby - well some of you might recall what happened next :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Guest smigger

Bottles for me this year! :)

There used to be a well known hooligan here in D¼sseldorf who had "Anal" as a prefix to his name. Never knew why until I was unfortunate enough to be on the same bus as him on the way home from an away match.

Turns out that he stuck all sorts of stuff up his arse including beer bottles.

So, if you ever come to D¼sseldorf...........

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Turns out that he stuck all sorts of stuff up his arse including beer bottles.

So, if you ever come to D¼sseldorf...........

There are websites for that sort of thing :) Not that I've looked :) LOL - Jo

Social source share

Well in Sweden we have proper dish washers at the pubs and clubs. I was terrified to see how Raynscourt did it - a small wash tub with green grey-ish water, one glass in every hand a couple of twitches, left upside down to (hopefully) dry and then ready to serve beer in again. Bottles for me this year! :)

Puts hairs on your chest Karl......what did they do before the age of 'proper dish washers' ???

Girf :)

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Puts hairs on your chest Karl......what did they do before the age of 'proper dish washers' ???

Girf :)

I remember when I were a lad back in't day up't'north wi't'whippets 'n'all that, the barMAID used to refill the pint glass you gave back to them, none of this PC girly fresh glass every time nonsense!! :)

Social source share

I remember when I were a lad back in't day up't'north wi't'whippets 'n'all that, the barMAID used to refill the pint glass you gave back to them, none of this PC girly fresh glass every time nonsense!! :)

I remember the early days of Caister, when you were lucky if you even got to drink yer pint.....wearing it was more the fashion.....ahh, shaving foam, pyramids, tits out for the lads, shit yourself for a laugh etc etc.....

Girf

Social source share

Guest Bogue

I remember the early days of Caister, when you were lucky if you even got to drink yer pint.....wearing it was more the fashion.....ahh, shaving foam, pyramids, tits out for the lads, shit yourself for a laugh etc etc.....

Girf

:thumbsup::D 10 out of 10 for finding a cool way out of having an accident :lol:

Social source share

Sometimes you just CAN'T let the opportunity pass can you?

Top Five "Cold Box" records.................

5/ Ronnie Love - Chills & Fever

4/ Billy Watkins - The Ice Man

3/ "Our Love Will Grow" - THE SNOWMEN

2/ My Love Is Getting Stronger" Tommy Fridgely

1/ Anything on the ARCTIC label!!!!

I'll get my coat..............

Neil x

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Sometimes you just CAN'T let the opportunity pass can you?

Top Five "Cold Box" records.................

5/ Ronnie Love - Chills & Fever

4/ Billy Watkins - The Ice Man

3/ "Our Love Will Grow" - THE SNOWMEN

2/ My Love Is Getting Stronger" Tommy Fridgely

1/ Anything on the ARCTIC label!!!!

I'll get my coat..............

Neil x

YIP A SHUT THE DOOR SIR.....................snowmen indeed....................... :lol:

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert