Prized Possession?

Barry

Guest mel brat

Jamie, You are not alone mate, there must be a load of people who, for one reason or another have been forced to sell up, me for one, but the pain does ease over time, honestly, chin up mate. :lol:

My deepest sympathies to you both, as I've been there myself. (Haven't you heard me loudly wailing over Stevens & Foster? - especially following the recent copy that sold in JM's auction!), not to mention Ujima and the Thompson Brothers...

shout.gif aaaaaaahhhhggghh! I said NOT to mention them!!!

They don't have to be rare soul sides either, as it's hard enough to get UK 70s soul releases back in mint condition these days, so I wouldn't part with these lightly either! Albums too. It took me over 20 years to find an unplayed UK Warner Bros. copy of "Don't Burn Me" by Paul Kelly, after I foolishly let my first copy go, so this one's staying put!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mel brat

Mine is Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher LP I wanted it so bad for the track Open the door to your heart and i got it. all i need now is the track on Aussie EP and i will be like so happy. it's the top of my wish list.

They used to play that track at the 'Cats back in '73. Nice version. (to put it mildly!)

Social source share

Had and sold loads of records over the years, part of the game i guess....lol still love buying stuff when the mood takes me and money permiting...some records you sell you don't miss but i could never sell Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You - Erica, got it from him so it's very special for that reason, my three RCA Lorraine Chandler demo's as she signed all three at Stafford on that magical night with Eddie Parker in the early 80's, a Deon Jackon LP on Solid Smoke 'His Greatest Recordings' as i found this on a trip to Chicago already had one back at home but thought why not for a couple of dollars then bugger me on that trip i tracked him down and met him in a Blues bar one night for about an hour, took the album with me and he signed it, took his pone number with the intention of bringing him over but when i tried the number on my return home it was disconected oh well...lol

Sam Williams Tower demo just the dogs nuts, George Blackwell one of the best Northern records ever, all my Betty Lavette's, Troy Dodds Jacquis favorite record and last but not least my Rosco Robinson 'That's Enough' Gerri demo possibly as good as it gets.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Had and sold loads of records over the years, part of the game i guess....lol still love buying stuff when the mood takes me and money permiting...some records you sell you don't miss but i could never sell Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You - Erica, got it from him so it's very special for that reason, my three RCA Lorraine Chandler demo's as she signed all three at Stafford on that magical night with Eddie Parker in the early 80's, a Deon Jackon LP on Solid Smoke 'His Greatest Recordings' as i found this on a trip to Chicago already had one back at home but thought why not for a couple of dollars then bugger me on that trip i tracked him down and met him in a Blues bar one night for about an hour, took the album with me and he signed it, took his pone number with the intention of bringing him over but when i tried the number on my return home it was disconected oh well...lol

Sam Williams Tower demo just the dogs nuts, George Blackwell one of the best Northern records ever, all my Betty Lavette's, Troy Dodds Jacquis favorite record and last but not least my Rosco Robinson 'That's Enough' Gerri demo possibly as good as it gets.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

jimmy burns ...sheer class !!!!!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert