Dean Parrish - It'll Never Be Over For Me

Guest the dukester

Guest the dukester

Just wondered if anyone likes his version...

Nothing will better Timi Yuro for me, but I quite like this more uptempo version. :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Roccia

Nothing will better Timi Yuro for me, but I quite like this more uptempo version. :lol:

Baby Washington...? :unsure:

Social source share

I have both the Timi Yuro and the Baby Washington version and have to say I like each of them for their repsective differences. I have not heard the Dean Parrish version though and can't say I'm particularly excited by the prospect.

Social source share

Dunno if it's been mentioned on here - probably has - Dean Parrish was in the Sopranos that I watched the other day, he was MC at this really posh wedding, grey hair, glasses, tuxedo, singing some awful wedding song, I looked out for him on the credits and he was there if his real name is Phil Anastasi or something like that

Social source share

Nothing will better Timi Yuro for me, but I quite like this more uptempo version. :wicked:

There is / was only ONE version , and there will be only ONE version ....... Timi Yuro .

Accept no substitutes .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Everyone hates the version by Thee Midniters, I guess?

Is Danny Forest on Big Top a version of the same tune? Soundclip, anyone?

It is the same tune, quite hard to find.....and it's terrible ....don't go there... :rolleyes:

Midniters version is great thumbsup.gif

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

I like both Baby Washington and Timi Yuro, but Baby washington does it for me. :lol:

Count everything is a fantastic tune by timi yuro. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Speaking Of Timi Yuro Here's An Interesting Artifact From The Past.

The Song Is "A Rose Grows In December" As Written By Jimmy Radcliffe & Timi Yuro.

Unfortunately The Song Didn't Seem To Get Published As Is But Rather As "When A Rose Grows In December" As Written By Jimmy And His "Deep In The Heart Of Harlem" Co-Writer Carl Spencer... Ah What Might Have Been Aye?

post-6943-1175290398_thumb.jpg

Sorry... Don't Have The Demo Either... The One That Got Away :lol:

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

The year is 2007, Dean has had what 30 or 40 years of experience and has produced a version of a tune for today, what do you expect a retro version?

To be honest it doesn't sound like him, it stands its own ground great vrsion to add to the list.

Good point Tony :lol:

Fab organ grooving away in the mix

yeah i like it

Al H :thumbsup:

Social source share

I Like. and as Dean has been doing the record as part of his live act very well indeed for the last 2 years, believe his "live" rendition is slightly better, although the release and the subsequent b side " A version of Ray Charles "Unchain My Heart" is also very good and may get flipped as the play side ,as a little rawer and more gutsy ,which is what we expect from Dean

So from me a modern retro version quite good.

Record is available in Ltd vinyl from ACID JAZZ records from April 23rd and from down load from same place https://www.acidjazz.co.uk/pages/acidjazz.htm

Edited by MAKEMVINYL
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i heard this played out on friday at city club in Peterborough and wow i can say it's great now. Timi just edges it as best version but worth having the Dean Parrish version

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert