Richard Searling Tunes

BazM

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Geoff B @ Apr 6 2007, 04:40 PM) link
What about a record called "Flashback" Heard him play this on the radio once.Would like to know who this is by,think he mentioned Ritchie Adams, but was this a coverup name?

Hi Geoff.......It's Derek Martin he played it Friday at Prestwich and I've heard Neil Jones playing it at Bury Town Hall, Great record!

Social source share

• Replies 59
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sandy Golden - pretty sure it was Ion who had this first - have it on a very old tape of his.

Fantastic record thumbsup.gif either way (other side is nice as well)

It was Ion first. Richard later got it off Rob, 3 records I think in the deal. Butch got the 2nd known copy a while back off e-bay.

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Geoff B @ Apr 6 2007, 03:40 PM) link
What about a record called "Flashback" Heard him play this on the radio once.Would like to know who this is by,think he mentioned Ritchie Adams, but was this a coverup name?

QUOTE(Geoff B @ Apr 6 2007, 04:40 PM) link What about a record called "Flashback" Heard him play this on the radio once.Would like to know who this is by,think he mentioned Ritchie Adams, but was this a coverup name?

Derek Martin, pretty certain, can't remember if it was ever released.

Regards Alan

It exists on two studio acetates only, Butch and Richard have them.

Social source share

Richard played 'Flashback' at a club in Sweden on his 50th and the place went NUTS. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The thing is, he was playing a very mixed set to a younger crowd, mainly into more Modern Soul and 75% (at least) of whom wouldn't have heard it before. It was truly "A moment".

I saw him do the same thing at a music festival, also in Sweden, as part of a mixed set, and to an unfamilar crowd who probably knew who Norman Jay who was on the same bill was more than they knew Richard. This time he dropped Vicki Baines 'Country Girl' into his set and again they went absolutely ape sh*t, with no agenda or politics. It's the mark of a great DJ who can take it off in an entirely different direction like that and have that effect.

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest martyn

Think you're right there Ted which reminds me of some of his 'stranger' inventions such as 'Lee Moore and the Resourceful Ones' and The Phantom Janitor' !!!! didn't some tracks actually get 'released' as the cover up artist/title?

Perhaps I shouldn't go there.................

"The Phantom Janitor",

Seem to remember a night in the old changing room to the side of the stage.The old bloke in the suit who used to collect the glasses walks in,(the one who loked like Dr Death).Someone (Tony warot ?) said"F>>>ing Hell ! The Phantom of the Opera",Dave Alcock replies "No! The Phantom Janitor".Richard laughs..............

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Think you're right there Ted which reminds me of some of his 'stranger' inventions such as 'Lee Moore and the Resourceful Ones' and The Phantom Janitor' !!!! didn't some tracks actually get 'released' as the cover up artist/title?

Perhaps I shouldn't go there.................

Spyder Turner and The Webs ( both sides )

Rose Valentine and the Sisters Three

Court Davis and The East Coast Connection

4 great records :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

It was Ion first. Richard later got it off Rob, 3 records I think in the deal. Butch got the 2nd known copy a while back off e-bay.

I heard that Butch's copy came off eBay - wish I'd spotted it

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Think Sandy Golden was turned up by Brad initially who sold it to Ion to play out, fantastic tune, wish I had spotted it on ebay as well, probably would have turned out to be one big bidding war :lol:

Social source share

Has anyone yet mentioned any of the contemporary releases (at the time) which Richard also got behind first, such as:

Eddie Holman, Silvetti, Tavares, Leon Bryant, Bobby Thurston "just ask me", Skip Mahoney, Brainstorm etc.

OK they might not have stood the test of time as well as the 60's rarities but at the time they were an important component for many of us.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Think Sandy Golden was turned up by Brad initially who sold it to Ion to play out, fantastic tune, wish I had spotted it on ebay as well, probably would have turned out to be one big bidding war :lol:

Not sure how well 'hidden' it was, but heard it went cheap - just so that you can be as annoyed as I am at not spotting it :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert