Nobody Knows What's Going On In My Mind But Me

Any one ever got any "hassle" for being a "Soulie"? I did once or twice when I was in the Army with some dickhead trying to tell me that I should not be into a scene at my age and position.

I remember hearing of the fights between Punks n Soulies but I never witnessed any?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Any one ever got any "hassle" for being a "Soulie"? I did once or twice when I was in the Army with some dickhead trying to tell me that I should not be into a scene at my age and position.

I remember hearing of the fights between Punks n Soulies but I never witnessed any?

What position were you caught in at the time of these comments were made to you ? :thumbsup:

Seriously , there are still normans out there who consider anyone being into soul music somewhat strange ......

I started a new job yesterday , and when I was asked what my interests are , my reply , besides stating other things , was that of my involvement on / with the scene , DJing , going to venues etc . , was received with scepticism .......

That's life ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Any one ever got any "hassle" for being a "Soulie"?

Got hassled at Birmingham once - it was only some piss taking at me patchwork denim bags - thinking back they probably should've slapped me. Those denim bags were shite - even me mother said they looked crap.

There was then the fight outside Notts Odd Fellows niter in Leics - early 80's. That was really down to some NF lot I think - shouting filth at a couple of the Notts lads we were with. I think it is fair to say that they were taught a lesson in education.

:wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert