Who's Just Around The Corner ?

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Yesterday (Saturday) I saw a posting on here from regular contributor S7OUL, but I hadn't previously noticed his location, so when I saw Redhill I immediately emailed him, where exactly are you ?

Minutes later and what a response ! If ever confirmation were needed that the world really is a smaller place thanks to the internet, this is it. Door to door the distance measures out at approximately 375 paces, thats a few yards either side of 250 metres ! (In wet conditions an allowance of an additional 15-20 paces should be taken in to consideration for taking the long route around the grass verge midway).

We wasted no time whatsoever, and later that evening Pat made the short trip to my place with a box of 80's 45's, many of which were new titles to me, naturally the same compliment was returned.

My thanks go out to all those involved in this site's operation for making the above possible.

Has anyone else made unexpectedly local friends on here ?

Martin Snow

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MARTIN SNOW

You are definitely not alone in your area Martin, Derek (Blackandwhite on here) lives in Redhill too if I remember rightly. There's a guy called Cliff close by too.

Those two boys live in Horley about 6 miles away, and by pure coincidence I bumped in to Cliff on Friday having not seen him for almost 10 years !

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hardly unexpected, as Tony Ellis (Tone5446) and I have been friends for nearly 38 years, but he and I have ended up living less than 5 minutes drive from each other for the past 12 years, without any deliberate effort on either person's part to make that happen.

Social source share

Yesterday (Saturday) I saw a posting on here from regular contributor S7OUL, but I hadn't previously noticed his location, so when I saw Redhill I immediately emailed him, where exactly are you ?

Minutes later and what a response ! If ever confirmation were needed that the world really is a smaller place thanks to the internet, this is it. Door to door the distance measures out at approximately 375 paces, thats a few yards either side of 250 metres ! (In wet conditions an allowance of an additional 15-20 paces should be taken in to consideration for taking the long route around the grass verge midway).

We wasted no time whatsoever, and later that evening Pat made the short trip to my place with a box of 80's 45's, many of which were new titles to me, naturally the same compliment was returned.

My thanks go out to all those involved in this site's operation for making the above possible.

Martin Snow

Oh Yes, drizzabone 5 minutes away, RussSmith 20 miles, JohnA 20 miles and I am sure it doesnt end there. So any other CT postcoders post or pm me.

Social source share

Martin Snow

Living so close to Pat is potentially good for "sales" and bad for his bank balance... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Going off at a slight tangent....my Dad's name is (genuinely) Martin Snow.

It disturbs me slightly every time I see you post! :thumbsup:

Wow ! That is the first Martin Snow other than me that I have ever come across !

I have no middle name, does your dad ?

Tonight I won a record on ebay with WOL in the form of someones initials, "MS". In perms how many doubles are there in 52 selections ? This is turning out to be an interesting week !

Social source share

I live about 20mins from Spagettti Weston tried to get him to move further away to no avail :thumbsup:

Hi Ted,

I suppose I'd be about the same from Johnny boy. There are loads of people on SS within twenty minutes of me though, all the Dudley / Wolverhampton people to start with, so I'd guess that must add up to about twenty.

Hitsville Chalky is the only one within walking distance though.

Social source share

Hi Ted,

I suppose I'd be about the same from Johnny boy. There are loads of people on SS within twenty minutes of me though, all the Dudley / Wolverhampton people to start with, so I'd guess that must add up to about twenty.

Hitsville Chalky is the only one within walking distance though.

================================================================================

=========

Hi and whats the bettin that ur all related :lol:

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

this morning whilst in my hatfield delivery office, yes im a posty i noticed a 45 packet (registered)

went over and had a peak on the back....it was going to someone from butch!!

damn i thought, someone in hatfield who is also buying rare 45's.

so i did some research and also wrote on the back of his packet, shouldnt really but what the heck.

turns out he is a member of here, i was very dissapointed , really thought i was going to find some mad soul collector

just doing his own thing and keeping away from everybody....no such luck.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

4 miles as the crow flies

Is there any evidence available to suggest a crow invariably takes the shortest route ? Those bastards usually add an additional detour to most journeys locally in Redhill, to shit on my windows.

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert