Upnorth Promotions ( Alex Lowes)feat Sam Dees

• Replies 26
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ahh do you know Tam Jackson , and James Dunn then ?

I know Tam not seen him for years though. Do you mean Fraser Dunn? There used to be a massive crowd at the early Upnorth weekenders from god's country.

Derek

Social source share

Fraser Dunn , was he down in London for a while , :thumbsup: !!

Must be a different fella. Don't remember James Dunn , then again a lot of that period of my life was a blur!!

Derek

Social source share

Guest marion

Remember this weekender very well, have dodgy photos to prove it. I was there with my very good friend Anne (from Newmarket) and the rest of the St Neots Spice Boys. Many regulars form The Black Horse in Leighton Buzzard also attended. A great weekend had by all.

Social source share

Ive met a few old friends on here , but there was so many at this event/weekender .. I know Bobin was there anyone else :thumbsup:

ATB

Simon Murray :thumbsup:

Great Weekenders as you know Simon - Remember a particular Sat night alcoholic session with you! Alex celebrating 40th Up North Weekender this year - that is some feat! If I was going these days it would be the B-Bar for me I reckon..

P.S. If any one had met Big Jim they would'nt forget it!

Social source share

Great Weekenders as you know Simon - Remember a particular Sat night alcoholic session with you! Alex celebrating 40th Up North Weekender this year - that is some feat! If I was going these days it would be the B-Bar for me I reckon..

P.S. If any one had met Big Jim they would'nt forget it!

Too right Robin , was it you who attacked Dave Browning with chocolate cake 1988 :thumbsup:

Yep its the 40th , next , an amazing feat for Alex ..I wonder what he thought after No 1 ,Berwick Upon tweed? ...Anyone still see Alex ?

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Yep I should be there Sean , quite a few southern types coming ..

Best they don't revive the Saturday afternoon North v South Soul Quiz then Simon.

Wouldn't like to see you wind up on the losing side!

:thumbsup:

Look forward to meeting up with you there.

And will definately point out Fraser for you. Scotland's Finest!

Sean

Social source share

Best they don't revive the Saturday afternoon North v South Soul Quiz then Simon.

Wouldn't like to see you wind up on the losing side!

:thumbsup:

Look forward to meeting up with you there.

And will definately point out Fraser for you. Scotland's Finest!

Sean

A quiz hey , John Anderson and Clarkie must count as Southerners yahooooo!!

Social source share

Too right Robin , was it you who attacked Dave Browning with chocolate cake 1988 :thumbsup:

Yep its the 40th , next , an amazing feat for Alex ..I wonder what he thought after No 1 ,Berwick Upon tweed? ...Anyone still see Alex ?

I was round his last for the World Cup, still see him at the Weekenders and my sporadic trips up to Newcastle and Durham - he's fine.

Social source share

• 5 months later...

Hello Simon

Have sent info on Big Jim Dunn on your Rock City post.( 1st post, made a pigs ear of it). Myself, Peter Docherty, Jim Dunn, Billy Davidson and many others from Scotland were in attendance. Has anybody got any footage of this wonderful gig?

Cheers John Kerr

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

Somehow I missed this thread first time round.

I went to those weekenders..they were great! I remember the Sam Dees one well as will anyone who went as 99% of the audience came over all emotional!

I was also friends with James 'Big Jim' Dunn...had a coffee table that he made until recently! And Peter Docherty at al who I hope to see this Thursday at Independent Movement at Plastic People. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Simon

Have sent info on Big Jim Dunn on your Rock City post.( 1st post, made a pigs ear of it). Myself, Peter Docherty, Jim Dunn, Billy Davidson and many others from Scotland were in attendance. Has anybody got any footage of this wonderful gig?

Cheers John Kerr

i actually drove a mini bus (full of very frightened people!!) from Aberdeen for that one John, got photos of Sam in full pelt somewhere, one in paticular has Billy D and Keb looking totally gobsmacked in the background

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Ive met a few old friends on here , but there was so many at this event/weekender .. I know Bobin was there anyone else :unsure:

ATB

Simon Murray :ohmy:

Great weekender only one at that weekender at Morcombe before moving to Southport, Fraser Dunn is now a regular with a load of the Scottish crew at Soul Essence Gt. Yarmouth.

I still have the chair Sam Dees sat on when he came off stage and sat for a good hour signing photos etc. Have all the programs and remember Gerald Alston being live there as well, those sodding ducks kept everybody awake.

The Man in Black

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Remind me was that the one that Ian Clark and a few others had Dave Thorley looky Liky wigs on. Yes I was there laugh.gif:D:lol:

My DTLLW was set off very nicely by a hideous yellow dress shirt (with ruffles) and a bolero jacket that was at least a size and a half too small (and I wasn't anywhere near, then, the size that I am now, so its previous owner must have been as emaciated as Amy Winehouse).

It was a great weekender, apart from the fact that we had our chalet door kicked in by, I've always suspected, the people in the opposite chalet, presumably for playing 1940s hillbilly records - very loudly - while we were getting ready to go out.

Big Jim Dunn - top man, by the way. We shared many a trip to the bagel shop post-"Norfolk Village", back in the day. If you're out there, Jim - I will tell you this, boy, I'm just off to the Henley Regatta...

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Best Event Ever...Massive record selection too...I used to spend £500 + on tunes every time.Remember turning round and bumping into Man Utd then new signing Andy Cole.He was there with Razor Ruddock

Social source share

Too right Robin , was it you who attacked Dave Browning with chocolate cake 1988 :D

Has any Body seen the ISLINGTON TWO.....Where are the 2 x Daves?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert