1st Issue / 2nd Issue ?

Zanetti

Just now, Zanetti said:

Can someone please tell me the first pressing?
I always thought it was Hemisphere! - but I can't find a reference on the net

*I have just seen the copyright 1963 imprint on one of the copies ... ? Can anyone verify this?

thx

Zanetti

R-13687981-1559048747-3045.jpg

R-6012906-1558684914-8906.jpg

R-8667732-1606656139-4368.jpg

Social source share

2 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

The Hemisphere press came out first locally. Then both Fairmount variants from different pressing plants. No evidence but just logical deduction.

I agree, and Sound Of Soul productions was based in Richmond, Virginia which matches the address on the Hemisphere label.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

Yes but we have no date of release for the Hemisphere. While the Fairmount was released around August 1966...

Manship mentions for Hemisphere 1965.

He does have one for sale in His Page.

9 hours ago, The Yank said:

Pay no attention to the 1963 date- Cameo/ Parkway and their subsidiaries all put one date on their early to mid 60's labels. One-der-ful/ Mar-V-Lus and M-Pac also did the same thing. The Oscar Wright was most likely released in late 1966.

Thanks for this. Never Heard about this on-going.👍

Social source share

2 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Yes but we have no date of release for the Hemisphere. While the Fairmount was released around August 1966...

We have no release date for Hemisphere, but it's a pretty good guess that Hemisphere was first and I agreed with you, but it's not proven.

Although look how it turned out with Frankie Beverly on Fairmount, most people thought Rouser was the first label, but it turned out that Fairmount was first!!🤔

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Manship mentions for Hemisphere 1965.

He does have one for sale in His Page.

Thanks for this. Never Heard about this on-going.👍

45cat.com sets the release date of Little Tommy 'Baby Can't You See' on Sound of Soul in November 1965 but without any lead like BB or RW refs... So FWIW to be taken with diligence.

This Hemisphere 45 going by the similarity in design of that Little Tommy 'Baby Can't You See' on Sound of Soul and the following release bt the World Famous Upsteter surely got released close by.

But with the Fairmount release of Oscar Wright dating from August 1966 I would doubt somehow that Mr Wiggles would release a 6 months old product to benefit from a national promotion and exposure.

That sole release on Hemisphere could have been released consecutively after the world Famous Upsetter release on Sound of Soul still bearing the similar label attributes (distr. and address at the bottom of labels).

Capturedcran2024-10-2511_10_59.thumb.png.36126989cac7b7c3da89e50926128910.png

Social source share

54 minutes ago, Solidsoul said:

We have no release date for Hemisphere, but it's a pretty good guess that Hemisphere was first and I agreed with you, but it's not proven.

Although look how it turned out with Frankie Beverly on Fairmount, most people thought Rouser was the first label, but it turned out that Fairmount was first!!🤔

Learn something everyday,I also thought rouser was first release!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!