Susan Shifrin 25 Miles

David C55
Go to solution Solved by Woodbutcher,

It must be just me that likes it then!!

"Blue Max" Millward played it at the Catacombs. I bought his copy from the Cats (on 20th May 1980!) in my quest for "something different", that still continues to this day. Admittedly, by that stage, most of Max's old collection had been well and truly picked over with the remainder not being the best. 

(p.s. I also have a Demo with a picture cover)

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Bo Diddley said:

It must be just me that likes it then!!

"Blue Max" Millward played it at the Catacombs. I bought his copy from the Cats (on 20th May 1980!) in my quest for "something different", that still continues to this day. Admittedly, by that stage, most of Max's old collection had been well and truly picked over with the remainder not being the best. 

(p.s. I also have a Demo with a picture cover)

It must feel wonderful to finally pluck up the courage to come out in public and get that dirty little secret off your chest ... !

• Up vote 3
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

It must feel wonderful to finally pluck up the courage to come out in public and get that dirty little secret off your chest ... !

IT DOES!!

(I don't think this is the worst either. Plenty more ahead of it in the queue -  Dalton James & Sutton is also in the mix)

• Up vote 2
Social source share

19 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

I don't remember hearing it at The Torch, Blackpool Mecca, Wigan or anywhere else. Perhaps I've blocked the memory as a coping mechanism for such a terrible  record.

See now heres the thing I remember hearing it at Up the Junction nighter...and theres something reminding me played at Hose st also...it was over 50 yrs ago mind 🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Geeselad said:

I'll be honest, i like it, tad poppy, with the brass lacking bite, but the groove holds together well and she sounds a bit like Julie Driscoll, which isn't terrible in my book. The fuzz guitar grows well in the background and the bongos give it a kick. 

yeah...imagine the scenario....16yrs old --10st wet through....testosterone coursing through the veins ...not to mention a barrow full of industrial grade pharmaceuticals (I said not to mention... 🙂  )

Judge and jury weren't around in them days 🙂

get me drift !!! 🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!