Desperately seeking artist/song

Hi all, really appreciate help finding artist and song whose 1st line reads “going to a castle in the sky, you and I.” I’ve just come across it again after many years being posted by the Bristol NS guys and girls on utube. They don’t unfortunately post a track list. Any help would be gratefully welcomed and end my misery if not the search for this little belter! Thanks for listening x

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

16 hours ago, Seanlovessoul said:

Hi all, really appreciate help finding artist and song whose 1st line reads “going to a castle in the sky, you and I.” I’ve just come across it again after many years being posted by the Bristol NS guys and girls on utube. They don’t unfortunately post a track list. Any help would be gratefully welcomed and end my misery if not the search for this little belter! Thanks for listening x

Have you a link to the video

Social source share

Well it's 1968 era Sunshine white pop with a psych-middle. Close to David & The Giants or Spiral Starecase with the urgency of Steve Karmen Big Band's 'Breakaway' or Human Beinz later on. I don't know it and it's not for me these days. I'd of enjoyed it a lot at their age in the video I bet.  There have been a fair few 'Sunshine Pop' compilations in recent years of this type of music, so may be findable via them if not already known.

Edited by Thinksmart
Social source share

Hi Think Smart, 

Absolutely,, ,screams out ,"Happy, Skippy ,jumpy, floaty sunshine pop"  of  the Late sixties  US eg, Keith,  .Robert John , Grass roots , Buckinghams and a steal from Paul Ankas "when we get there "?  Personally,  I love it,   in small doses,  ,and the video dancers epitomise the clean cut image too match  the music ( not a clue of identity ,   no importante !)

Social source share

Lyrics bear some similarity to Simon Dupree and the Big Sound "Castle In The Sky" 1968, also recorded by Blonde On Blonde as "Castles In The Sky" in 1970. But it's neither of those. As the lyrics are so close in places I'm betting it's not called "Castle In The Sky".   

Social source share

1 hour ago, Thinksmart said:

Of course it could be an AI thing..... you can now literally put in a few parameters and it will generate a song.

I did say that to Kraftl on another thread on here. The one that sounded like Greater Experience. Could have been AI.

Sounded too polished and like a lot of other things and with the knowledge of the people on here somebody would know it.

Andy

Social source share

Hi to all respondents to my initial request. Thought it was a simple ask given the wealth of knowledge that obviously exists on SS. As a crusty old 60 something, I’ve been amazed to hear AI could have generated this track. The depth of my tech knowledge for someone so young is not vast but if it is generated by AI could this mean new tracks being created in the mould of the great soul tracks of yesteryear? I wonder if this a good or bad thing. Going to bed now to contemplate. Thanks again to all that have tried to help! Night night.🙂

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert