looking for this amazing track...

Kraftl

No it's not Cajun Hart. Not a touch on him. Cajun Hart "love or hate him' can sing.

Not that this is bad but it's not a natural singer here. But it's a white singer for sure.

The similarity starts and stops there. Could be a seventies obscure American thing.

Social source share

1 minute ago, Tlscapital said:

No it's not Cajun Hart. Not a touch on him. Cajun Hart "love or hate him' can sing.

Not that this is bad but it's not a natural singer here. But it's a white singer for sure.

The similarity starts and stops there. Could be a seventies obscure American thing.

Sounds like a 60s blue eyed carolina beach sound to me.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Really? It doesn't sound modern to me. At least not over laptop speakers.

Not saying it's def not a modern days effort. It reminds me of stuff like Greater Experience or Soul Inc - Proposal. Especially the horns sound very much like Gary Knight - Holding on to me. If it was a modern production it's a very convincing for me.

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Really? It doesn't sound modern to me. At least not over laptop speakers.

Not saying it's def not a modern days effort. It reminds me of stuff like Greater Experience or Soul Inc - Proposal. Especially the horns sound very much like Gary Knight - Holding on to me. If it was a modern production it's a very convincing for me.

Early seventies is still seventies. Ar least in sounds and to years that is. The drum work and sizzling horns are more reminiscent of that later sound. The Greater Experience is 1970 (or about), The Embers 'Watch Out Girl' B / W 'Far Away Places' on M-G-M is September 1970... The Chancellors 'Everybody's Got To Lose Someone Sometime' on El-Cid would be 1969. Why I'm saying could be early seventies or late sixties all the same. But never 1966 for example. But... 😉

Social source share

Sorry, missed

17 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Early seventies is still seventies. Ar least in sounds and to years that is. The drum work and sizzling horns are more reminiscent of that later sound. The Greater Experience is 1970 (or about), The Embers 'Watch Out Girl' B / W 'Far Away Places' on M-G-M is September 1970... The Chancellors 'Everybody's Got To Lose Someone Sometime' on El-Cid would be 1969. Why I'm saying could be early seventies or late sixties all the same. But never 1966 for example. But... 😉

Sorry, was distracted for a minute and when I continued to type my reply I thought you were saying it might be a new production. Note to myself: pay more attention.

I agree with you, it has that late 60s/early 70s sound beach sound.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

Is there enough to try Shazam ?

It does sound familiar.

You have Shazam now ? Even I don't have that. Modern Tool Rules !

I guess it's a tad too short without hooks or breaks to have a 'pattern' for Shazzam.

But who am I to know ?

Social source share

Shame theres only a short snippet of it, what ive heard i like, its possibly a flip of some other known track.

Although discounted now, i agree with the Cajun Hart reference.

Edited by Mach
spelling
Social source share

There must have been a glich on that link yesterday. When I clicked on it, it was a video of Levanna dancing with a guy to Aaron Fraser. Now it's a music only clip of what is being discussed here. The singer sounds white to me with a style of 68/72 period. Google AI doesn't find a match either.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!