Edward Hamilton-The Natural Looks - My Darling Baby-Two cuts

Mal C

This is a brilliant record, but I did not realise there are two mixes of this track on Mary Jane label.

Maybe the Detroit aficionados out there can fill us in, but I was just listening to the auction JM has at the moment, on the Chequered (Full) label, and the one I have on which has white top / below label. I can see they are actually different release numbers, so why did this get two releases?

Malc

Mary Jane Records.jpg

R-10524784-1606702729-7696.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Bought my copy at Dave Withers Manchester indoor market stall, roundabout 1985. It was 30p. Also bought 4 copies of The Newsounds on Mod Art for 30p each, on the same day.

These records weren't in fashion at that time.

Edited by Solidsoul
Social source share

Total different takes. Rawer but 'HOT '. Even the flip side 'Tell Me' of Mary Jane 1003 is a different take than the one on the flip of 'Baby Don'tYou Weep' on Mary Jane 1005. My real preference was to discover that side while I initially bought it for the alternative take of 'My Darling Baby'. That to this day I still prefer 'polished' as on Mary Jane 1010.

Social source share

3 hours ago, Tom Creeden said:

I BELEIVE MARY JANE 1003 WAS RELEASED IN1966 AND MARY JANE 1010 WAS RELEASED IN 1968

As much as it sounds strange but all the Mary Jane releases would date from 1967 from general consensus. The two first sharing La Beat numberings 6703 and 6707 evidently. Then followed the proper Mary Jane catalog numbering system 1002 up to 1010. 

Mary Jane 1005 'Baby Don't You Weep' Copyright was registered in June 1967. Could be released later though. Until someone comes up with such a 'new release' press review or a radio chart featuring the tune to determine better it's actual date of release...

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert