John Manship Auction results 2nd October 2024.

Woodbutcher

But did the Shades of Jade met its reserve ? Presuming that there is one automatically for any item auctioned...

Meaning I don't know per se as I've never auctioned any records through John's, so am not in the 'known' but as a private auction seller I guess he would offer his seller's such protection to avoid any mishap griefs if ever like here...

Social source share

1 minute ago, Tlscapital said:

But did the Shades of Jade met its reserve ? Presuming that there is one automatically for any item auctioned...

Meaning I don't know per se as I've never auctioned any records through John's, so am not in the 'known' but as a private auction seller I guess he would offer his seller's such protection to avoid any mishap griefs if ever like here...

It had a £200 reserve on Tim's auction which is why I thought it would be a 'sensible' bid given the condition , I've never seen a reserve stated on John's in the past.

It's just a good example of how a tune can jump to an over-inflated 'value' in the space of a few weeks if there are a couple of deep pocketed , stubborn collectors on the case who have what most would perceive to be more money than sense.

Personally I've wanted one since the 90s when Shifty used to play it but I don't want one that badly ... 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

46 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

It had a £200 reserve on Tim's auction which is why I thought it would be a 'sensible' bid given the condition , I've never seen a reserve stated on John's in the past.

It's just a good example of how a tune can jump to an over-inflated 'value' in the space of a few weeks if there are a couple of deep pocketed , stubborn collectors on the case who have what most would perceive to be more money than sense.

Personally I've wanted one since the 90s when Shifty used to play it but I don't want one that badly ... 

John's reserve are not disclosed (if there's one) but I seem to remember (reading on here) that there was one on some items... With some finished auctions that after inquiry revealed that they didn't met their pre-set 'reserve'.

As for Tim's reserve it's the starting auction price. 

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

That’s double what I paid for mine about 2 years ago now

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Was so gutted.. was bidding on the naturals dont just stand there and was top bidder until I had my GP appointment regarding my heart medications. Which over ran and by the time I got out it was finished.   I'm trying to decide if medications or records are more important 🤔 50 50 at the moment lol 😆 

Couldn't say to GP. Give me a few minutes I need to bid on a 45 I've been looking for ages 😁

Edited by Greedy
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!