turntable mats...

Mike

Having had crimynal slipmats (great quality, accurate printing & fair price) in the past, the only thing I find wrong with that type of slipmat is they can be too 'smooth' and allow discs to slip if you don't use a clamp.

Also being a bit too much of a perfectionist for sound quality I did read a few articles which claimed the absolute best mats for protection against slip and sound quality/protection of the vinyl were actually the thick rubber mats that Technics come with originally.

So I now use them. 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, Timbo58 said:

Having had crimynal slipmats (great quality, accurate printing & fair price) in the past, the only thing I find wrong with that type of slipmat is they can be too 'smooth' and allow discs to slip if you don't use a clamp.

Also being a bit too much of a perfectionist for sound quality I did read a few articles which claimed the absolute best mats for protection against slip and sound quality/protection of the vinyl were actually the thick rubber mats that Technics come with originally.

So I now use them. 

thanks for that 

as with a lot of audio/sound equipment once you start digging there's a lot of options (and cost!)

going by your above, am looking towards decent thick rubber mats, maybe a step below branded option

thanks

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Pigeon Thing said:

technics rubber matts are best for technics decks if you are just playing / listening, and want the best quality...if your djing and you need to cue up records they wont work, unless you turn the deck off... if that makes sense...

TBF we use these for DJing regularly, but we always stop rotation to cue in of course. I can see they'd be no use for mixing/scratching as they are far too grippy.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!