Tommy hunt or chuck jackson

Dobber

Can’t believe I’ve never heard this before,this is top class northern soul!

my first thought was it’s an unreleased Tommy hunt tune,or maybe chuck Jackson?

following the YouTube comments led me to the stefan Taylor video,and Tommy hunt is in the vid,so surely the song is Tommy hunt?

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Someone on the comments says it is Stefan Taylor if you look on discogs there is a video of Stefan Taylor, same song clearly a different singer but... I'm not sure on this other's on here will have a better idea but is the older black guy who appears in the video  Tommy hunt? It shows him a couple of times.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Twoshoes said:

Someone on the comments says it is Stefan Taylor if you look on discogs there is a video of Stefan Taylor, same song clearly a different singer but... I'm not sure on this other's on here will have a better idea but is the older black guy who appears in the video  Tommy hunt? It shows him a couple of times.

Defo Tommy hunt in the video,he must know that it’s him singing,and I doubt you would have Tommy in the vid if it wasn’t him singing the original acetate?

Social source share

This is the band doing a cover version of said song,as you see in the video Tommy hunt appears,I personally think the acetate is Tommy hunt singing,because I don’t believe a band would record,make a video,have Tommy in the video if it wasn’t tommys song! Surely Tommy must know that he recorded the song,and wouldn’t he himself be asking why they want him in the video if it wasn’t him singing?

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Dobber said:

This is the band doing a cover version of said song,as you see in the video Tommy hunt appears,I personally think the acetate is Tommy hunt singing,because I don’t believe a band would record,make a video,have Tommy in the video if it wasn’t tommys song! Surely Tommy must know that he recorded the song,and wouldn’t he himself be asking why they want him in the video if it wasn’t him singing?

I doubt they know who recorded the original, just used a UK based souls tar to cover it.  Know one seems to know who it was on the original and its just assumptions.  Anyone asked Tommy?  

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I doubt they know who recorded the original, just used a UK based souls tar to cover it.  Know one seems to know who it was on the original and its just assumptions.  Anyone asked Tommy?  

13 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Yeah you would think Tommy would have confirmed it is him whom originally recorded it,or why bother being on a video of a song that isn’t you?

Social source share

It's probably gonna run and run this one. Decent dance floor reaction. It's not really my bag at all - could be a white singer.

Whatever happened to James Trouble? He seemed to have appeared on the scene, got loads of trouble, and then disappeared. That of course is an entirely different thread.

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Used to love this down the 100 Club, although have requested Kitch to play it occasionally. Butch told me it sounds like Chuck Jackson hence the cover up name. Sensational record in my opinion but someone I know said it sounded like Tony Christie, I felt like giving up at that point.

Brings back happy memories of the 100 Club and I'm on the video dancing, hope no one recognises me.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!