Ireland bound

Go to solution Solved by Slimoneill,

• Solution

Hi Stephen,

There are various soul nights happening over the next few months, with the vast majority in Dublin. D8 Soul Club, Sleepless Nights, Twilight Zone and Bubbles Mod club run fairly regular events around Dublin, but depends when you are over.

There might also be events elsewhere but if you can let me know dates you are over, I'll see what I can find out. There are also regular record fairs most weekends, so again, if you can let me know which areas you are visiting, I'll try and source ones closest to you.

Finally, you can leave the factor 50 at home, but just ensure you bring your rain jacket!

Hope this helps.

ATB, Shane

• Thanks 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Slimoneill said:

Hi Stephen,

There are various soul nights happening over the next few months, with the vast majority in Dublin. D8 Soul Club, Sleepless Nights, Twilight Zone and Bubbles Mod club run fairly regular events around Dublin, but depends when you are over.

There might also be events elsewhere but if you can let me know dates you are over, I'll see what I can find out. There are also regular record fairs most weekends, so again, if you can let me know which areas you are visiting, I'll try and source ones closest to you.

Finally, you can leave the factor 50 at home, but just ensure you bring your rain jacket!

Hope this helps.

ATB, Shane

Thanks fella it will probably be around mid October when we visit still deciding which area to go we are flexible on areas, thanks best regards steve 

Social source share

My pleasure Steve. I guess the Twilight Zone on the 19th October in Inchicore, Dublin would be your best bet. If you are travelling around the country, there are some lovely spots such as Galway, Clifden, Westport, Leitrim, etc. Think about flying into Shannon as well. Enjoy your trip and give me a shout if you need anything else.

ATB,

Shane

Social source share

Just back from Cork (well, in Liverpool after visiting Cork & then Dublin). We were out early in Cork but passed a couple of record shops that looked decent for old 45's, LP's ... but they didn't open till 11am & the wife wouldn't let me hang about till then. A chance missed me thinks (I wasn't after any NS gems, just decent Irish 45 release soul & Motown stuff).

BTW, if you have time for non soul / record stuff, the English Market is well worth a visit & has a decent coffee shop too.

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, Wally Francis said:

Sorry to hijack the post but I’m due to be going over to Cork Southern Ireland to work for a few months, anything in the Cork area?

Morning. I did ask around and we don't think there are any Soul nights coming up in Cork, unfortunately. However, if you check out Munster Scooter Club Ireland on FB, then a few of the lads from Cork, might know of something. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip over. Regards, Shane

27 minutes ago, Roburt said:

Just back from Cork (well, in Liverpool after visiting Cork & then Dublin). We were out early in Cork but passed a couple of record shops that looked decent for old 45's, LP's ... but they didn't open till 11am & the wife wouldn't let me hang about till then. A chance missed me thinks (I wasn't after any NS gems, just dent Irish 45 release soul & Motown stuff).

BTW, if you have time for non soul / record stuff, the English Market is well worth a visit & has a decent coffee shop too.

Thanks Roburt, I'll check out those shops next time I am there. ATB, Shane

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!