Bobby Hutton CD on Expansion has arrived

3 hours ago, Thinksmart said:

See https://www.expansionrecords.com/pr/NGV_BtvJzEOjfvciAHyw1w

My preorder arrived today - all the Bobby Hutton songs and unreleased ones too, on CD and vinyl.

Wonderful!

I'll have to look out for that - Bobby Hutton has a huge treasure trove of material. Good sleeve notes too. A must buy for many. 

He has a fantastic namesake - Bobby the treasurer of the Black Panthers at 16. He died as a hero of the black American rights struggle. I have a great original, framed photograph of him.

Two greats, one name.

Peter

:hatsoff2: 

Edited by Peter99
amends
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Davey S - Expansion licence properly, his contract with the original ABC label I do not know. I cannot specifically comment on that, but this is done properly and took a long time to release.

Bobby appeared at Blackpool in 2016 organised by Richard who is a director of Expansion, and has mentioned dialogue to make this happen on his radio shows. So given Expansion's long history of doing releases properly, I trust that is the case here too.

Edited by Thinksmart
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

It's very encouraging to see this finally reissued. For some years any hope of ABC albums being reissued was lost due to a fire that consumed the master tapes. I don't know what source was used for this reissue but there are people who can perform miracles by patiently removing hiss and crackles from whatever decent enough source is available.

The ABC catalogue has quite a few strong candidates for reissue, including Chuck Jackson "Through all times" and Charles Mann "Say you love me too" :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!