Epitome of Sound demo recordings

7 hours ago, Mackwell said:

Hi everyone, by chance I have acquired a treasure trove that seems to be the old stock of records, master tapes, and promotional photos, etc. that belonged to one of the the owners of the defunct record label Sandbag Records in New York. This includes some original copies of "you don't love me" as well as some interesting metal recording discs that I am looking to identify. 

So far I have not played them or attempted to do anything to them because they are so fragile.

The information from Robert Paladino in the article on the history of the record mentions early demos, so I believe these might be them or some versions of them. If anyone can give me some advice on how to identify them / any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dZ6bITG.jpeg

W905bay_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

Social source share

Hi- Feel free for a rach out.  Looks like a good haul.  I’m probably the only person who ever met all parties involved. Robert, Eugene on lead, Tony Camillo RIP and Mike Szymanski, who also owned the Phoof label. 
I can link you to Rob Paladino if you wish to talk to him. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Goldsoul said:

Hi- Feel free for a rach out.  Looks like a good haul.  I’m probably the only person who ever met all parties involved. Robert, Eugene on lead, Tony Camillo RIP and Mike Szymanski, who also owned the Phoof label. 
I can link you to Rob Paladino if you wish to talk to him. 

OK, I will send you a DM. Would be great to ask Robert Paladino about these. Thanks!

Social source share

6 hours ago, Dobber said:

Any vito & salutations material? 

Yes, I have similar stuff from them. As well as James Coit (Phoof), Jim Jackson, The Geminiles, United Notions, and Hyde Parke. As well as a ton of unidentified recording discs and master tape stuff and demos from bands of that era that I assume we sent in to the label for consideration. 

Social source share

17 hours ago, Mackwell said:

Hi everyone, by chance I have acquired a treasure trove that seems to be the old stock of records, master tapes, and promotional photos, etc. that belonged to one of the the owners of the defunct record label Sandbag Records in New York. This includes some original copies of "you don't love me" as well as some interesting metal recording discs that I am looking to identify. 

So far I have not played them or attempted to do anything to them because they are so fragile.

The information from Robert Paladino in the article on the history of the record mentions early demos, so I believe these might be them or some versions of them. If anyone can give me some advice on how to identify them / any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dZ6bITG.jpeg

Thanks for sharing these; they're really interesting. I will follow the thread with great interest.

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

On 29/08/2024 at 22:20, Mackwell said:

dZ6bITG.jpeg

Effing hell. You lucky man. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!