Track ID (for the funky heads)

• The title was changed to Track ID (for the funky heads)
  • Replies 5
  • Views 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

John is right, it definitely sounds like a tune used in a blaxploitation film. Trouble is from around 1972 for 5 years, there were 100's of them made.

This isn't the track you're asking about, but it's a similar instro movie track (from Across 110th St) .. 

The track you're asking about has a guitar on lead in parts but then brass comes to the fore a bit later, so it's definitely some kind of soul orchestra that is involved -- a kinda MFSB  / J.J. Johnson Orchestra type of outfit.

I'm an old gibba, so am not up with current app / net technology. But isn't there some software you can put a sample of a track in & it will tell you what the tune is. PLUS, there are numerous movie web pages where knowledgeable folk know this kind of thing.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

On 30/08/2024 at 09:36, Roburt said:

John is right, it definitely sounds like a tune used in a blaxploitation film. Trouble is from around 1972 for 5 years, there were 100's of them made.

This isn't the track you're asking about, but it's a similar instro movie track (from Across 110th St) .. 

The track you're asking about has a guitar on lead in parts but then brass comes to the fore a bit later, so it's definitely some kind of soul orchestra that is involved -- a kinda MFSB  / J.J. Johnson Orchestra type of outfit.

I'm an old gibba, so am not up with current app / net technology. But isn't there some software you can put a sample of a track in & it will tell you what the tune is. PLUS, there are numerous movie web pages where knowledgeable folk know this kind of thing.

Thanks. Yeah it must be from a movie.

As for software - you probably mean something like Shazam. I don't have it, but will check with a friend.

Didn't even crossed my mind, really  :D 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert