Bank Holiday - what you up to?

Peter99

Well, it's the final summer Bank Holiday, always a marker for autumn. So what are you up to? Resting, out and about, at a venue, home chores?

I don't go out save for necessity due to my mentalistic state. 🤣

So, I'm weighing it up - point up the little bit of garden wall which I'm going to paint bright yellow, or finish treating the wooden fence; it feels like there's so muh of it. There isn't really, I just lack motivation. I'll also be playing with Ace in the garden. Oh, I'll also be popping in here. 

So, how's about you?  

Whatever you're doing enjoy yourselves and stay safe. 

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

We have something looming ,some neighbours because of the parking issues where we live have taken it upon themselves to put cones out after they drive off which has pissed some people off and its gathering pace ,so me and the wife are watching it all kick off .it would make a good comedy sketch or soap opera 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I started the day off with around 5 things/jobs to do,and then as the day progressed dwindled it down to zero and did nothing! As I usually I do! as I’ve got older I’ve become a real lazy bar steward😂

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get recording it , can't beat a bit of entertainment like that ... :lol:

1 minute ago, Dobber said:

I started the day off with around 5 things/jobs to do,and then as the day progressed dwindled it down to zero and did nothing! As I usually I do! as I’ve got older I’ve become a real lazy bar steward😂

Glad it's not just me ... :lol:

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Stephen Houghton said:

We have something looming ,some neighbours because of the parking issues where we live have taken it upon themselves to put cones out after they drive off which has pissed some people off and its gathering pace ,so me and the wife are watching it all kick off .it would make a good comedy sketch or soap opera 

Hi Stephen

Any action? 🤣

I find that when people "cone off" out side of their house to try and stop other people parking I get very irritated. My friend Guy, he lives on a pseudo posh street, and some people cone their area off. When I go and visit Guy - not very often due to my mentalist issues, and find they've coned their area off, I simply chuck the cones in their garden and park there. Mm, I should have said they live next to Guy.

Peter Peter Parking Meter (maid).

🤣

I've like all the posts but I ran out of likes.

That's what Mikes been doing - monitoring the likes! (sorry Mike I couldn't resist).

🙂

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Stephen

Any action? 🤣

I find that when people "cone off" out side of their house to try and stop other people parking I get very irritated. My friend Guy, he lives on a pseudo posh street, and some people cone their area off. When I go and visit Guy - not very often due to my mentalist issues, and find they've coned their area off, I simply chuck the cones in their garden and park there. Mm, I should have said they live next to Guy.

Peter Peter Parking Meter (maid).

🤣

I've like all the posts but I ran out of likes.

That's what Mikes been doing - monitoring the likes! (sorry Mike I couldn't resist).

🙂

Not yet but the night is looming 

Social source share

Started off with breakfast in Matlock (in the car as her love for the motorbike is less than mine) then home for tea and garden tidy up. Max booked tickets for Forest v Newcastle (cup game next Wednesday ) then she went to see some of the 11 grandkids leaving me home alone. 
Out came the Irish whiskey 🥃 and then into the music room. Mardy arse neighbour is away so Purple Mundi is getting some high volume. 
Off to Weatherspoons when she gets back. 
loving life 👊🏻

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Mick Boyle said:

Started off with breakfast in Matlock (in the car as her love for the motorbike is less than mine) then home for tea and garden tidy up. Max booked tickets for Forest v Newcastle (cup game next Wednesday ) then she went to see some of the 11 grandkids leaving me home alone. 
Out came the Irish whiskey 🥃 and then into the music room. Mardy arse neighbour is away so Purple Mundi is getting some high volume. 
Off to Weatherspoons when she gets back. 
loving life 👊🏻

Sounds good Mick. You can't be a million miles away from me.

Blimey, I'd love a drink. Just to chill and to take the edge off things. I've not touched a drop since Friday 4th December 2021. That's some achievement for me - for anyone who likes a drink I guess.

Enjoy your tipple and the rest of the day mate.

Peter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Well I went to see my son to give him his card and present as it was his birthday on Saturday and he was away..

came back done some weeding in my veg garden,  fed my tomatoes etc. Was going to paint some more fence but made mistake of sitting down with a film on. Dozed off as normal.  Have woke up and have watered the rest of the garden and cooked dinner for tonight, what an exciting life I lead now lol.

Think I've turned into my Dad apart from I'm not allowed to enjoy a pint anymore 😕  . 

Edited by Greedy
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Greedy said:

Well I went to see my son to give him his card and present as it was his on Saturday and he was away..

came back done some weeding in my veg garden,  fed my tomatoes etc. Was going to paint some more fence but made mistake of sitting down with a film on. Dozed off as normal.  Have woke up and have watered the rest of the garden and cooked dinner for tonight, what an exciting life I lead now lol.

Think I've turned into my Dad apart from I'm not allowed to enjoy a pint anymore 😕  . 

Well, you're not alone on not being able to enjoy a pint anymore.

Social source share

Been in the motorhome since Friday lunchtime. Been to the Old Stone Trough in Kellbrook for 2 nights and frequented a few pubs in Skipton including watching the match Saturday lunchtime. Sunday stayed in Settle and today landed in Ingleton. Been on the Ingelton Waterfall trail. Just under 5 miles of steep climbs but well worth the effort. 

IMG-20240826-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20240826-WA0022.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

33 minutes ago, Wayoutgirl said:

Been in the motorhome since Friday lunchtime. Been to the Old Stone Trough in Kellbrook for 2 nights and frequented a few pubs in Skipton including watching the match Saturday lunchtime. Sunday stayed in Settle and today landed in Ingleton. Been on the Ingelton Waterfall trail. Just under 5 miles of steep climbs but well worth the effort. 

IMG-20240826-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20240826-WA0022.jpg

Sounds like you've had a great time.

I've done the waterfall walk at Ingleton - many years ago. I need to get on some punishing hikes. I'm putting weight on again. It's a bit of a problem as I can't take my Ace anywhere due to his reactiveness, oh well, I'm pleased I have him. 

Peter

🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!