Martha & Vandellas Intro ?

As a  Motown completist ,could anyone confirm which 45 issue has the "Cheesey "spoken intro intact on "Forget Me Not",, originally b side of Gordy 7070 ,1968. BG ,diskliked spoken intro s,  but was proved right ; "Stoned Love ", "Brokenhearted" etc Cheers ,John.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Funny that, just been looking through some records and stoned love was there ( spoken intro Motown yesteryear)  party box- dance floor reaction, mumble, walk off and then ooh, full floor, cheers

Social source share

Hi  Soul Slider and Pga1,

"Forget me not " spoken intro is "Each Night ,I Will Pray For Peace On Earth,  Goodwill To all Men, And my little Heart Will Say these tender Words ,,Time and Time Again ",,Forget Me Not!!  etc.

The Stoned love demo U.S Motown 1172 ,red vinyl and black ?? contains long  . 3.43 & short  2.49. The long Original versions  also came  out on Motown Yesteryear, and Pensyllvania Collectables , the long version contains a sax break and added handclaps . The Hit 2.49 take is for me a totally different Frank Wilson Mix ;;sharper and brighter sound. Cheers ,John, Malaga,Spain.

P.S Long version spoken intro, "Now I want to tell You, Of a  Great Love , A Love that Will Light Up the  Whole world ,If You  Just Believe It Will ",,.   ( Not a Dry Eye in The House)

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert