Your Top Fives Songs From - The Manhattans

Another seldom mentioned supergroup, Blue Lovett and the fellas put down some sweet tracks back in the day,  my five are....Can I- That New Girl- The Boston Monkey-  I'm The One Love Forgot- Follow Your Heart....whatcha got?

Social source share

Love all their Carnival Material, but very much like their Deluxe Records tracks, especially 'Give Him Up' as it was the first record that I identified as 'Sweet' and that record sent me in to collecting seventies in a big way...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

From my last 'love find' on the cheaper end with 'From Atlanta To Goodbye' on De Luxe (too long overlooked by stupid me) to my very first love found late teen summertime memories with 'Baby I'm Sorry'... Then I'll leave the 3 in between with 'Call Somebody Please', 'I Bet'Cha (Coldn't Love Me)' and 'All I Need Is Your Love' all on Carnival.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Dylan said:

And one more

there will be loads of tracks by them I still need to hear but these 2 caught my ear

I love this too, i've played it at Yarmouth weekender. 

There's also an x rated intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcL6cr5DO_M

My favourite by them is their last recording on Carnival, a hard one to find.

Manhattans - Til You Come Back To Me - Carnival

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Alan T said:

I love this too, i've played it at Yarmouth weekender. 

There's also an x rated intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcL6cr5DO_M

My favourite by them is their last recording on Carnival, a hard one to find.

Manhattans - Til You Come Back To Me - Carnival

Not heard the x-rated yet or don’t remember hearing it…

will check it out.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Mal C said:

Love all their Carnival Material, but very much like their Deluxe Records tracks, especially 'Give Him Up' as it was the first record that I identified as 'Sweet' and that record sent me in to collecting seventies in a big way...

Agree, also like the flip...

Edited by Windlesoul
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

My fave group has always been the Impressions (unless its the Dells on a certain day) ... so when I picked up a UK copy of "That New Girl" around 1969 and loved it from day 1. Of course, it's not really them singing their own sound, so I also like lots of their 70's CBS stuff. But "That New Girl" has a special place in my heart.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!