Bobby Womack and Friends; whose soothing your bones today

Afternoon All

Some of you may know that Bobby is my number one artist; wow he did so much stuff. I'm just playing some of his stuff and his duet with Van Morrison, Peace of Mind, (2015) came to mind, so I played it. Van has that voice that really does go with Bobby. Obviously a phenomenal artist in his own right - someone I came late to due to my silly "soul music" only mindset. That being said Van has a very soulful voice and some of his cuts could be deemed to be soulful, certainly sings the blues. 

So, probably been done before, but whose your favourite artist, and do you have any unusual duets that they've recorded. Keep it flexible, just post anything that comes to mind, something that you're feeling today perhaps. Over to you; do the best you can. 😅

Peter

Edited by Peter99
error
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Bobby's pretty much my favourite artist too Peter, and this 2000 release on Grand Central Records with him featured on 'Get a Life' by Rae&Christian was a brilliant combination of talents.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Hi Peter, you asked for favourite artist doing an unusual duet ... the favourite artist is too dependent on time and circumstances but I'd count Jimmy Ruffin as someone very respectable. I first heard this before I heard the original and bought it within 24 hours, lovely version of Luther's My sensitivity by Jimmy, backed and produced by Heaven 17:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

45 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Hi Peter, you asked for favourite artist doing an unusual duet ... the favourite artist is too dependent on time and circumstances but I'd count Jimmy Ruffin as someone very respectable. I first heard this before I heard the original and bought it within 24 hours, lovely version of Luther's My sensitivity by Jimmy, backed and produced by Heaven 17:

We can be flexible Mickey, good post. 

Peter

😉

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!