Billy Taylor Trio On Tower - How Much?

Gene-r

Anyone got a rough idea what "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free" by the Billy Taylor Trio on Tower goes for?

It's best known as the theme to Barry Norman's "Film..." series on BBC during the 70s and 80s but, somehow, it's begun to appear on a few funk-type playlists and comps. Strange really for a jazz record.....but each to their own!

Help please????

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Gene

Was on Gemm for about $15-$30, but in the last month or so most have gone. It does come in a rather nice picture bag. Great Ramsey Lewis type jazz/r&b. Left field but hey!

Has since become the most requested record for this Saturday's Orwell anniversary - eh Dave whistling.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi Gene

Was on Gemm for about $15-$30, but in the last month or so most have gone. It does come in a rather nice picture bag. Great Ramsey Lewis type jazz/r&b. Left field but hey!

Thanks for the help Dave. Have to say I really like the track! Can't recall seeing the pic sleeve for it though.

Social source share

always preferred the vocal version by nina simone miself. for another killer billy taylor, you need the david frost and billy taylor christmas album with 'bright star in the east' - proper big band funky jazz :rolleyes:

'i'll be right back straight after you've turned over this record...'

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert