Robby Lawson - Burning Sensation

15 hours ago, Denbo said:

How can you tell the difference between the original on Kyser and the limited repress, also on Kyser?
Literally asking for a friend, I kid you not.

Have a look at the images on discogs for both the original and reissue, it might help.

https://www.discogs.com/release/4517694-Robby-Lawson-I-Have-Searched-Burning-Sensation/image/SW1hZ2U6MjA0NDg3Mzg=

https://www.discogs.com/release/10626698-Robby-Lawson-I-Have-Searched-Burning-Sensation/image/SW1hZ2U6Mjk2MDMxNzA=

Cheers, Carl

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Tagtag said:

I've tried that already Carl and they're too similar to tell any difference, except, as you'd expect, the repress / reissue looks cleaner.
I've subsequently been advised by a highly respected dealer to look out for a Bell Sound matrix stamp on the original, albeit very light. I'm assuming that means the repress doesn't have that stamp. Hopefully, I'll get to examine my friend's copy over the weekend to see what he's got, fingers crossed for good news 😉 

Edited by Denbo
Social source share

1 minute ago, Denbo said:

I've tried that already Carl and they're too similar to tell any difference, except, as you'd expect, the repress / reissue looks cleaner.
I've subsequently been advised by a highly respectable dealer to look out for a Bell Sound matrix stamp on the original, albeit very light. I'm assuming that means the repress doesn't have that stamp. Hopefully, I'll get to examine my friend's copy over the weekend to see what he's got, fingers crossed for good news 😉 

The discogs images of the original include the scratched matrix number in the runout.

If the repress was from different stampers then the scratched matrix number will look different.

I have an original and I believe it has a "Bestway" stamped matrix not "Bell Sound".

I will check tonight.

BR Carl

Social source share

On 09/08/2024 at 12:13, Tagtag said:

The discogs images of the original include the scratched matrix number in the runout.

If the repress was from different stampers then the scratched matrix number will look different.

I have an original and I believe it has a "Bestway" stamped matrix not "Bell Sound".

I will check tonight.

BR Carl

Thanks for that Carl. Turns out my friend's copy has no stamp, Bestway or Bell Sounds, so I'm going to advise him that his copy is a repress, albeit one of a limited number. He's no interest in selling it but who wouldn't be tempted by the price an original copy could fetch these days 😉 

Social source share

Just as an aside to the authenticity/rareness aspect of the thread, but a fair question I feel nonetheless; just how popular is this. How many people like it.

Tin hat on and all that, but it's not something I particularly like. I'd be interested in your take - is it a big yes or a big fat no!?

Thanks.

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Big yes here.One of the great things about this track is it's rarity on an original, hence you don't get to hear it out that often so when it does get played it really hits the mark for me anyway.

Paul

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!