Eddy Raven (aka Edward Futch) Song

Been on a La Louisianne quest recently as I've been writing an article on a guy involved with the Lafayette / La music scene of the 1960's / 70's.

Most of the guys involved with the tracks of interest back then were white guys and lots went on (when soul was no longer the in sound) to move over to the swamp rock or country side of things. Eddie Raven was a song writer (under his real name of Edward Futch), a singer (making mainly non-soul stuff) and a producer (supervising many soul track cutting sessions).

I'd like to know more about his soul era as just about everything on line mainly documents his later country music involvement (he wrote songs cut by many top country artists).

But he was (earlier) involved with many local Lafayette recording sessions that resulted in good soul cuts being laid down. Some of these were picked up from the local label for national distribution (by the likes of Philly based Jamie). Other tracks stood the test of time so well that they went on to get released by Ace / Kent (& others) here in the UK -- see scans below.

BUT I'm really after info on one song credited to Edward Futch in particular ... it shares the same title as one of my all time fave Chicago songs "AIN'T NO BIG THING".

Anyone here got a copy of Gee Gee Shinn & Jerry "Count" Jackson's "Ain't No Big Thing" on La Louisianne ?

I can't find a sound clip of this track on-line. 

geeGeeShinn&jerryJackson45mont.jpg

LaLouisianne45mont.jpg

camilleLilBob45.jpg

CamilleBob45UK.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The two guys who are credited on the 45 I'm interested in were in the Boogie Kings. They made quite a few goodies credited to the group & guess it's the group that's playing behind them on the "Ain't No Big Thing" cut ...  another from them ... a cover this time ... 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert