Carl Willingham R.I.P.

it goes without saying carl had the respect of all who knew him both as a dj and friend ,i,m privileged to say he was a dear friend and maria and all his family have my sincere condelences at this very sad time.

Social source share

Obviously Carl had a hell of a struggle over the years. But he put up a brave fight, did'nt he? No doubt his love of rare soul would have helped him in this. Another "face" on the scene has passed.

God bless you Carl and strength to Maria.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

R.I.P Carl

Sending our deepest condolences to Maria and family.Carl was one of the best and will leave a huge void within the soul scene and all the people who had the pleasure of knowing him.

Sandra & Joyann 

Social source share

I'm very sad; and shocked to hear this. Carl's been around for years and has contributed so much to our scene. Condolences to Maria, she must be devastated. I hope that she has some good people who are able to put their arms around her. I'll pray that she will be comforted.

God bless.

Peter

Social source share

Not seen Carl or Maria for several years, some fantastic times with them, in the clubs or at their house for the legendary barbecues. One of the real good guys for sure. 

Thinking of Maria and the family at this sad time. Charlie xx

Social source share

Couple of nice stories about Carl. I was djing at Stubshaw the spot after after him and Maria. Chatting before our spots he casually asked me what I was thinking of playing. I foolishly mentioned around six tunes. He proceeded to play all of them before me whilst smiling sweetly at me. I was laughing my head off.

Another time I was on before them and Carl came on and said "thanks to Julian for the last hour, you've heard the rare, now you're going to hear the very rare". We both laughed the night away.

RIP Carl and condolences to Maria and family.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

My thoughts are with Maria and friends and family of Carl,A huge loss!

my little story is….late 90’s I was an obsessive collector and budding dj,I went round to Carl and Maria’s house after doing a spot at the greatstone (I think) and Carl letting me rummage through there record boxes,my eyes were popping out of my head with envy,I saw what he had and thought I may as well give up😂 

rip carl

atb

lee

Social source share

Didn’t know Carl or Maria personally but during our time living in the southwest in the early 2000’s they came down to Dj at Weston Super Mare. Carl came round with pieces of paper asking people to write down what they would like to hear. After he had finished is spot he put his record box on table telling people to take a look at his records. Condolences go out to Maria and all his family and friends.

Social source share

Rest in peace Carl a great friend and dj ... Val especially remembers with fondness the runs with Carl and Maria along the Rochdale canal when she was going through a difficult time in her life. We'll miss you. 

Love and condolences to Maria and family. Val and Dave. 

Social source share

Went to college with Carl and remember talking sounds with him, used to go to his house in Levenshulme and be amazed by his records and knowledge. Lost touch after he had moved to Middleton. 

My deepest condolences to Maria. 

Social source share

Maria has asked me to share Carl's funeral details on here and to say if you feel comfortable, it would be lovely if you would wear a splash of sky blue for his beloved City 💙

Monday 19th August, 2pm - Blackley Crematorium, Victoria Avenue, Blackley, Manchester. M9 8PG.

Followed by food and music afterwards at North Manchester Golf Club, Manchester Old Road, Middleton. M24 4PE x

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!