Jobell Orchestra - Never gonna let you go

Go to solution Solved by Gasher,

Hi Guys

Newbie here but I wondered if someone can help me? 

I have an acetate copy of Jobell orchestra - Never gonna let you go , on Jan Records demonstration copy  45rpm.

The flip side has 3 tracks -  Brothers & Sisters - Don't let em tell you

Andre Maurice - Cream of the crop 

Maurice Williams - Being without you  all played at 33 1/3 rpm

Iam currently selling my 50+ yr old collection on Discogs  and I cannot find a copy which marries up with mine. My question is - is this a genuine demo ? Or am I going to incur the wrath of the Discogs admins if i list it?

The disc is exactly as shown in the pics - no matrix numbers , just JAN / DEMO in gold and the rest is typewritten (with no mention of Cream of the crop on the label)

I hope  I have posted this in the right forum - it's my first post! 

Thanks 

20240802_125416.jpg

20240802_125425.jpg

Social source share

• Solution
14 minutes ago, Anothergirlx said:

Hi Guys

Newbie here but I wondered if someone can help me? 

I have an acetate copy of Jobell orchestra - Never gonna let you go , on Jan Records demonstration copy  45rpm.

The flip side has 3 tracks -  Brothers & Sisters - Don't let em tell you

Andre Maurice - Cream of the crop 

Maurice Williams - Being without you  all played at 33 1/3 rpm

Iam currently selling my 50+ yr old collection on Discogs  and I cannot find a copy which marries up with mine. My question is - is this a genuine demo ? Or am I going to incur the wrath of the Discogs admins if i list it?

The disc is exactly as shown in the pics - no matrix numbers , just JAN / DEMO in gold and the rest is typewritten (with no mention of Cream of the crop on the label)

I hope  I have posted this in the right forum - it's my first post! 

Thanks 

20240802_125416.jpg

20240802_125425.jpg

No it's not a genuine demo..it's a carver /emi disc virtually worthless apart from the music content but no real monetary value.

• Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not genuine perhaps; but, it's a nice looking disc. There are some very good looking carvers. Valueless, but a nice thing all the same.

Please post some other stuff up - if you're selling your collection you might do better on here than with dicogs. Go on @Anothergirlx

Social source share

54 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Not genuine perhaps; but, it's a nice looking disc. There are some very good looking carvers. Valueless, but a nice thing all the same.

Please post some other stuff up - if you're selling your collection you might do better on here than with dicogs. Go on @Anothergirlx

Hi Peter 

Thanks for that, which is the preferred forum for posting stuff?

I'm just finding my way around here 😊

I'm selling because we are downsizing and don't have the room to store all my memories. It's sad - the soundtrack to my youth but I know when I pop my dancing shoes or get shipped off into a home for the bewildered, my kids will just toss them in a skip 😢

I'd love to think they've gone to someone who will love them as much as I do. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Put them up in record sales - mods will advise.

Welcome to the board - people will be interested in your records and will be positive. Good to have you here - my names Peter - forget the 99 it's a long story. What's your name?

I just got my 18 year member badge. It's a great place - -just dive in. don't me shy, we need new members.

All the best.

Peter

Social source share

Thanks Peter 

I'm Lesley from Cleethorpes. 

Found my tribe originally at Cleethorpes Pier and then moved venue to the Winter Gardens. 

The pier is now a fish and chip restaurant and the gardens are apartments. Had some of the best times at both of those. Happy days 😊

I will look at putting my records on the record sales forum and as you say someone may discover a treasure! 

Thanks for being so welcoming 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Anothergirlx said:

Thanks Peter 

I'm Lesley from Cleethorpes. 

Found my tribe originally at Cleethorpes Pier and then moved venue to the Winter Gardens. 

The pier is now a fish and chip restaurant and the gardens are apartments. Had some of the best times at both of those. Happy days 😊

I will look at putting my records on the record sales forum and as you say someone may discover a treasure! 

Thanks for being so welcoming 

Ah, Cleethorpes, my old stomping ground. I was engaged to a girl from Humberstone back in the day. I did the Pier and the Winter Gardens. My nephew lives in Cleethorpes. We may know each other - well we do now anyway. It's really good to have you here. Work your way through some of the forums - everyone is friendly and very accepting of new members.

Peter

🙂 

Social source share

What a strange combo, Jobell,Andre Maurice and brothers and sisters were huge Ritz, Mecca tunes. Wouldn't expect 'being without you' to be on the same disc.. but hey!!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Ah, Cleethorpes, my old stomping ground. I was engaged to a girl from Humberstone back in the day. I did the Pier and the Winter Gardens. My nephew lives in Cleethorpes. We may know each other - well we do now anyway. It's really good to have you here. Work your way through some of the forums - everyone is friendly and very accepting of new members.

Peter

🙂 

Oh wow! Small world eh? 

Most likely to have crossed paths (dance floors) 😁

10 minutes ago, Chas said:

What a strange combo, Jobell,Andre Maurice and brothers and sisters were huge Ritz, Mecca tunes. Wouldn't expect 'being without you' to be on the same disc.. but hey!!

Yes it is a eclectic mix, some classics for sure 😊

Social source share

On 02/08/2024 at 18:43, Peter99 said:

So I took your advice and did my first sales post yesterday and bagged a sale 😍

Wasn't quite sure of the seller etiquette but went with my 'first reply gets first dibs' which to me seems fairest. 

I'd just like to like to add how great everyone was, offering advice and help with future sales etc. 

What a friendly bunch you are! 

Lesley 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Anothergirlx said:

So I took your advice and did my first sales post yesterday and bagged a sale 😍

Wasn't quite sure of the seller etiquette but went with my 'first reply gets first dibs' which to me seems fairest. 

I'd just like to like to add how great everyone was, offering advice and help with future sales etc. 

What a friendly bunch you are! 

Lesley 

Well done Lesley

You'll not get any dud sales etiquette on here. Just a friendly bunch as you say. There's so much more to the site than selling records but I'll leave you to explore, find bits of interests and make new acquaintances. 

Happy Sunday.

Peter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks Peter

I am slowly exploring the site whilst juggling a new bathroom installation and grandkids ! 

I hopefully will dig out a few old pics from the East coast connection days and post those- see if anyone remembers me 😊

Enjoy your day

Lesley

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!