When is a sale not a sale?

Some months ago I saw an ad ,might even have been on the side bar on here for Lilienthal watches, on a whim as I'd been thinking about a new watch I had a look, saw two I quite liked and hummed and harred for a few days, nothing too expensive ,one was £189 the other £280. Whilst pondering should I shan't I the site had a sale, the one I fancied reduced to £139, three days to grab a bargain. Said sale duly ended to be replaced the day after by a flash sale, watch reduced to £132, again ticking clock counting down. by this time I had decided I didn't want the watch but continued to follow the supposed sale, I guess these things work on some kind of algorithm that knows you keep returning.

I then looked where else the watch was available and it was on amazon for £132, not on sale, buy it now, who was the seller, none other than Lilienhall themselves, this had me thinking how much the watch was actually worth in the first place. Since that initial view it's gone up and down in price, sale, flash sale, extra £5, £10 off with coupon, 33% off,50% off  , looking today cheapest it's been £126 from manufacturer, just checked Amazon price now with 4% off the same £126.

Anyone had a similar experience when deciding whether to buy something.I intend for my own amusement to keep looking and see if it gets any cheaper, if the watch was only ever worth around the £130 odd mark why not sell it for that in the first place. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Yet another sale, this time up to 50%, watch now £113 on both Amazon and the Lilienthal site and this is within days of the previous price drop. Just looked at when first sold on Amazon May 23 so maybe it's a case of trying to get the best price for old stock.

Social source share

I noticed 3 weeks ago , a 200grm. jar of Kenco coffee was £6. Last week it was £7. Luckily we had a sachet 150 grm. in stock purchased the week before at £4.25 , This week the 200 grm. jar is down to £5. What's that all about , so I bought 2 lol 😂 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!