SOUL BROTHERS INC TEARDROPS

Jees..another one on eBay,just looking at popsike, I got bored counting them all up!

clearly not rare by any stretch,are we gonna see the same thing as with Clara hardy etc…value dropping to a few hundred quid?

thoughts?

• Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

A seller on ebay that sold a copy in 2022 stated that he had 9 copies of this 45 for sale that he would offer to the highest bidder (in case that person was interested). It wouldn't surprise me if most of the subsequent copies have come from that stash. Nine copies is however still not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I got bored after counting 15 on popsike over the last 3 years,excluding appearances on set sale and other auctions,personally I don’t think a record is rare after single digits,and certainly not worth the values it has achieved!  But I suppose this can and has happened with many so called rarities over the years where they suddenly appear in van loads😂

this has nothing to do with the tune itself,cracking little tune I must add!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Frankie Crocker said:

A quantity turned up about a year ago. Finder sold a few at intervals then passed a quantity to carolinasoul. These have been dripped out at 2-3 month intervals. No telling how many were in the original hoard or how many have gone as Second Chance offers. Potential buyers should now be aware of what’s been happening and can bide their time - the best copies went early on and more recent copies have been less than mint.

You could say the same about the Saints on Wig Wam. One on Manship’s auction at present but other copies have been offered recently. Definitely no longer the rarity it was in the 90’s when Butch was spinning the only copy around.

Ward Burton on Panther also comes to mind. Goes to show there are still small stashes of rare records in the USA, but if anybody wants one, they may have to pay over the odds and see the price drop months down the road.

Very well said!

I actually think it’s worth an ongoing thread where 45s can be added upon discovery of copies turning up on a frequent basis,maybe call it “NOT ANOTHER ONE” or “TURN UP FOR THE BOOKS” ?

so far

soul bros inc-teardrops

saints-let it slide

ward burton-sweet temptation

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Very well said!

I actually think it’s worth an ongoing thread where 45s can be added upon discovery of copies turning up on a frequent basis,maybe call it “NOT ANOTHER ONE” or “TURN UP FOR THE BOOKS” ?

so far

soul bros inc-teardrops

saints-let it slide

ward burton-sweet temptation

Good idea, but it needs a time limit.

Most records have been found in quantity at one time or another!

In the 1970's/80's John Anderson at the Soul Bowl was bringing back multiple quantities of records, that are now going for silly money! 

Maybe only records found in quantity in the last 5 years onwards? 

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Posted (edited)

Yes and lately another USA  seller has had many mint Swan white demo's of Janice Christian "It's Just A Bad Thing" for auction. They are all still selling the going rate.

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 08/07/2024 at 20:08, Jessie Pinkman said:

I Know it's not in the same price bracket as the 3 already mentioned but The Dream Team I'm not satisfied is on Carolina Soul's auction every month.

He must have a shed load cos he has been churning them out since mid 2000’s

its not a bad double sider,but it’s funny how to many frequent copies of a record can ruin it for you😂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

He must have a shed load cos he has been churning them out since mid 2000’s

its not a bad double sider,but it’s funny how to many frequent copies of a record can ruin it for you😂

The first big quantity of Dream Team (reportedly 100+ copies) turned up in September/October 2003 via a UK seller. He was selling them for £100 each (that's where I got my copy) and I remember that it caused quite a bit of a stir because it had been an "impossible" to find record up until then and a few of the early copies from the find were sold for huge sums privately, then the rest appeared with a dealer that doled them out cheaper.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 minute ago, Sebastian said:

The first big quantity of Dream Team (reportedly 100+ copies) turned up in September/October 2003 via a UK seller. He was selling them for £100 each (that's where I got my copy) and I remember that it caused quite a bit of a stir because it had been an "impossible" to find record up until then and a few of the early copies from the find were sold for huge sums privately, then the rest appeared with a dealer that doled them out cheaper.

Yes spot on info

along with the same 45 was loads carbon copy(forget the singer) and gene Anderson on nutone

Social source share

17 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I remember Shifty was playing it pretty early on, like you say some copies turned up, and yet it's still considered an auction item reaching more than a couple of hundred quid every time.

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!