Cabinet for front room (for turntables)

Go to solution Solved by Happy Feet,

Hi all, 

Might be a strange one, but I'm planning to decorate the front room, which isn't huge but I'd like to move the tele to the wall and then put some sort of sideboard or cabinet in it's place where I can put 2 x records decks and a mixer on the top. 

Does anyone have anything that I can see for inspiration and/or any suggestions on where to look? Probably after something around 200cm long (max). 

Cheers, 

Steve 

Social source share

46 minutes ago, Benji said:

And not just scratching. It's also easier to mix your records. 

I’m not so sure you would have to lean over tone arm to adjust the pitch.  I never saw any house dj’s set up like this for mixing I think it would be more difficult.

they would have them normal way with arm at side.

Social source share

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

This thread has got me wanting a turntable set up again.  Currently in storage under a bed as I need to buy amp and speakers last lot died.  And a mixer or pre amp as well..  

I've got 2 x turntables, small mixer to go in between and two Pioneer monitor speakers - reckon that's perfect just for a living room set-up (and that's about all I'd be able to realistically get away with from the wife!!) so just needed somewhere to put them hence this thread!! 

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Woolie2003 said:

I've got 2 x turntables, small mixer to go in between and two Pioneer monitor speakers - reckon that's perfect just for a living room set-up (and that's about all I'd be able to realistically get away with from the wife!!) so just needed somewhere to put them hence this thread!! 

That’s what I’m after but I might just squeeze one turntable on a very small cabinet next to the sofa in the corner.

i wax also considering some kind of table in middle of room with a lift up lid that comes off to reveal turntable.  That way it’s hidden when not in use.

https://www.homefurniturecentre.com/hifi-stands/hampshire-turntable-stand-walnut.html?cpgn=8&utm_source=products-adds&utm_campaign=Hampshire Turntable Stand- Walnut&gcampaignid=17796692793&gadgroupid=&gkeyword=&gdevice=m&ggtarget=&gmatch=&gurl=https://www.homefurniturecentre.com/hifi-stands/hampshire-turntable-stand-walnut.html%3Fcpgn%3D8%26utm_source%3Dproducts-adds%26utm_campaign%3DHampshire%20Turntable%20Stand-%20Walnut&gnetwork=x&gplace=&gposition=&gcampaign=PMAX_Furniture&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoOKLideIhwMVuo5QBh1pMwxWEAQYAyABEgI83fD_BwE

Social source share

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

It sounds to me like you want a Tardis type cabinet that when you open a drawer a pair of Technics decks with mixer slide out. If there is such a thing I'd like one as well.🤔

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
Social source share

I recently upgraded from one to two decks , small mixer etc check out Juno media 2 x reloops mk 11 direct drive decks plus Citronic mixer ask for best price ( it tells you to) prior to ordering , £203 each deck & £72.for mixer all in free postage via DHL , fortunately able to make my own cabinets and top to house everthing , at a level , low enough to sit in my comfy all leather John Lewis recliner and footstool , that I treated myself to via ebay £50. ( was over £500. new ) All my records are shelved in front above or under the decks , back & side wall  , so I can just spin and reach out without having to move too much , beers in the chiller box sorted 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Happy Feet said:

I recently upgraded from one to two decks , small mixer etc check out Juno media 2 x reloops mk 11 direct drive decks plus Citronic mixer ask for best price ( it tells you to) prior to ordering , £203 each deck & £72.for mixer all in free postage via DHL , fortunately able to make my own cabinets and top to house everthing , at a level , low enough to sit in my comfy all leather John Lewis recliner and footstool , that I treated myself to via ebay £50. ( was over £500. new ) All my records are shelved in front above or under the decks , back & side wall  , so I can just spin and reach out without having to move too much , beers in the chiller box sorted 

Sounds like a Carlsberg ad" If Carlsberg did a record room it would probably look something like this.😄

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

31 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Half a dozen milk crates and an old flush door would be fine ... :lol:

Lol, A mate of mine early 80s made a large wall in his lounge, into his record library come music room , he stacked bricks with scaffold boards , floor level up 1st 2 shelves for albums then 45s . It looked quite impressive and wasn't permanent so could be altered to suit ,not bad for an history teacher with limited DIY skills .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!