Temptations

Dave West
Go to solution Solved by Dave West,

As said Lp only....and CD of course

Hey Girl (Carole King-Gerry Goffin) published Columbia

The Temptations; recorded Hitsville-GW, completed 18-Dec-68 ; produced by Norman Whitfield ; [lead Paul Williams]

17-Feb-69; LP (S): Gordy S939 Cloud Nine
23-Oct-00; CD: Spectrum 544 383 2 From 1966-1969 [UK]
23-Oct-00; CD: Motown 159 446 2 Cloud Nine / Puzzle People [UK]
06-Aug-01; CD (S): Motown 013 215 2 Soul Satisfaction 02 - The Motown Connection [UK]

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Happy Feet said:

Pretty sure no 45 release by The Temps , was included on their "Cloudnine " album released in 69 , but sounds much earlier recording .

Was of course 1st released by Freddie Scott in 63 , then at least 5 cover versions .

Should have done more research I'm now upto at least 10 cover versions , Ray Charles , Michael McDonald, Billy Joel , lots of famous Pop stars , and even a CW instrumental version , The Temptations, is a great version can't remember if it got a mention in the earlier topic , Motown album tracks worthy of a 45 , maybe yet to be ?  via our favourite Spanish label of the moment ( yes it did get a mention cheers Wilxy ) 

Edited by Happy Feet
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

22 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

Should have done more research I'm now upto at least 10 cover versions , Ray Charles , Michael McDonald, Billy Joel , lots of famous Pop stars , and even a CW instrumental version , The Temptations, is a great version can't remember if it got a mention in the earlier topic , Motown album tracks worthy of a 45 , maybe yet to be ?  via our favourite Spanish label of the moment ( yes it did get a mention cheers Wilxy ) 

Have you found this one...? 

daze-of-the-weak-hey-girl-chantain.jpg

Social source share

Hi Soul- slider , no but now I have , so far I've found 20 versions Inc .Kenny Lynch, Johnny Mathis , Will Downing , George Benson , The Lettermen , The Vanguards, Lamont Johnson, Righteous Brothers, Isaac Hayes , Carole King , Brian Poole , the previous plus Berry Lipman & His Orchestra , with Daze Of The Weak , 21 versions so far , there has to be more , just for the record Donny Osmond & Mickie Dolenz where the popstars .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!