Gladys Knight At Royal Albert Hall

Mike

She could five year back when I saw her at Blenheim, but a year or so back at RHA she’d pretty much lost her voice and struggled to hit any high notes. Same with Dionne Warwick, they are legends and you have to see them, but you’ll have to give a little leeway maybe…

Social source share

You should be thankful you got Gospel, at RHA she did Queen “we are the champions” to much be bemusement 🤷🏼‍♂️

for some reason, when we saw Sylena Johnson recently at the Jazz Cafe, she did Phil Collins “in the air tonight”!

Both stated to celebrate great British artists. Someone is giving these people appallingly bad advice…

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

When i first got into the music Gladys was my favourite female artist, saw her at the Odeon cinema Manchester around 1971, wouldn't like to see her now and spoil that memory. Saw her a few years later during her Buddah period, that one doesn't live in the memory quite the same brilliant as she and the Pips were.

Social source share

Recently on the BBC iPlayer, they had the usual BBC style coverage of Gladys Knight with & without The Pips , but the one that stands out for all the wrong reasons , was the one in Hyde park , so many covers and ballads , playing to the crowd obviously.

Still touring in 2024 , with all the ups & downs she's had to put up with over the last few years , her son etc , perhaps Gospel is an escape , God works in mysterious ways , ( not for me yet )

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!