Buzz Cason RIP

Just heard Buzz Cason passed away. Between him and Mac Gayden, they were responsible for writing and producing a ton of huge country, soul and pop hits in the '60s and beyond. When I tracked Buzz down for "House of Broken Hearts: The Soul of 1960s Nashville", he was intrigued to hear of the UK rare soul scene's interest in lesser known material that he had a hand in. In all, a really accommodating, friendly guy who helped me nail more than a few Nashville tales for the book.

Buzz+Cason+with+The+Casuals.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

22 minutes ago, Windlesoul said:

Just heard Buzz Cason passed away. Between him and Mac Gayden, they were responsible for writing and producing a ton of huge country, soul and pop hits in the '60s and beyond. When I tracked Buzz down for "House of Broken Hearts: The Soul of 1960s Nashville", he was intrigued to hear of the UK rare soul scene's interest in lesser known material that he had a hand in. In all, a really accommodating, friendly guy who helped me nail more than a few Nashville tales for the book.

Buzz+Cason+with+The+Casuals.jpg

Sad news indeed. 
A quick reminder of the great body of work from Cason/Gayden 👇Mac Gayden talks Soul

Edited by Goldsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert