Split - Tempos - I’ll never forget

6 hours ago, Dudley Sutton said:

I think that the Demo is far rarer.

13 minutes ago, Angus Westfields said:

You'd think. The only 2 on Popsike are demos? And the only copy shown as sold on raresoul45s is a demo. They are both rare for sure. I know of one copy, not the demo, bought privately last year for £1200 in nm condition. Any body got any other info? Cheers

Social source share

posts above split from a sales topic

as been said the guidelines do state the below and  all members are asked to follow 

thanks

--------------------

COMMENTING ON SALES TOPICS

Please do not comment on the merits/prices etc of Sale Forum items.  This can have a negative effect on the sale and can affect the listings of other members sales.

The finer details of the deal should be done via the site PM (personal message) system. Use PMs for personal information, chat or off-topic chat. Any comments deemed to be in violation may be removed without discussion.

--------------------

Social source share

29 minutes ago, Angus Westfields said:

My apologies. Please delete as you feel appropriate. I tried but it wasn't possible. Angus

the demo discussion is split now and in right place so no worries

thumbs up

Social source share

Personally I Don’t think there is anything in it,I know of equal amounts of demos and issues,I’ve had an issue myself,but the copy’s I refer to stay in collections,so popsike and the like Don’t paint a complete picture.

a far superior version to she is my beauty queen,(forgot the singer😂)

Actually which version came first?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, The Yank said:

Joe Matthews came out in late 1965/ early '66 , the Tempos is from 1968 or 1969.

That makes the tempos a cover version both musically and lyrically! 

that’s ruined it for me😂

Social source share

On 15/06/2024 at 11:54, Dobber said:

Personally I Don’t think there is anything in it,I know of equal amounts of demos and issues,I’ve had an issue myself,but the copy’s I refer to stay in collections,so popsike and the like Don’t paint a complete picture.

a far superior version to she is my beauty queen,(forgot the singer😂)

Actually which version came first?

FWIW I believe that most stocker black copies of the Tempos came out from one or more NOS stash finds while the promos dripped one by one from past auctions and sales. Likely both pressings are evenly rare and did poorly publicly.

As for preference mine still goes for Joe Matthews. More typical of mid sixties 'clean' cut Detroit soul which I stil love. While the Tempos full on reverb both on the backing track and vocals makes it sound 'bad' to my ears. Shame.

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

On 15/06/2024 at 01:45, Angus Westfields said:

You'd think. The only 2 on Popsike are demos? And the only copy shown as sold on raresoul45s is a demo. They are both rare for sure.

if you put tempos diamond jim in popsike 5 demos to zero black issues

i have seen a few issues tho and even sold a minter last year for £1100

just have a vg/vg+  demo on the shelves that i paid £100 for way back 

Edited by Dave Pinch
Social source share

Late eighties buying records from a local collector came across two issue copies of Tempos (Chico always insisted it was three) we paid £10 each. Many years later a Tempos issue was found/sold in a local second hand shop. It makes it difficult to quantify true rarity and value when these things happen when compared to cheaper records that are hardly ever encountered. Sold my Tempos, still have Joe Matthews - says it all.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Late eighties buying records from a local collector came across two issue copies of Tempos (Chico always insisted it was three) we paid £10 each. Many years later a Tempos issue was found/sold in a local second hand shop. It makes it difficult to quantify true rarity and value when these things happen when compared to cheaper records that are hardly ever encountered. Sold my Tempos, still have Joe Matthews - says it all.

i kept the tempos and sold the joe matthews.. didnt get on with his Ya Ya or La La too much.. prefer the vocal on the tempo`s if i`m honest

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!