Source Admin Log - Going ons..

Mike

On 24/07/2024 at 13:30, Mike said:

can't think of any major reason for leaving such open to reply?

anyone?

Only just seen this Mike, I did once put a search in for a record and emailed the seller not realising the post was several years old. when I realised I messaged him saying sorry just seen it was an old post . I got a reply quite quickly saying no problem I think i still have the record, seller sold me the record at the advertised price even though it had increased slightly in value. I would think it does not happen very often.

Worked for me on this occasion but if I had seen it was an old post I would not have asked.  I think is probably a good idea to lock off from a certain point in time, maybe even less than 2020, I was lucky the seller the late Andy Bellwood was a real gent. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2024 at 10:14, Twoshoes said:

Only just seen this Mike, I did once put a search in for a record and emailed the seller not realising the post was several years old. when I realised I messaged him saying sorry just seen it was an old post . I got a reply quite quickly saying no problem I think i still have the record, seller sold me the record at the advertised price even though it had increased slightly in value. I would think it does not happen very often.

Worked for me on this occasion but if I had seen it was an old post I would not have asked.  I think is probably a good idea to lock off from a certain point in time, maybe even less than 2020, I was lucky the seller the late Andy Bellwood was a real gent. 

I think I leave this for a bit, it only raises it's head when we get someone posting on a old topic, which isn't really that much at the moment

so will come back to this if needed

thanks for the view

thumbs up

mike

Social source share

tagging members

seen a few times people recently trying to get the tag members thing going but not doing it correctly..

have updated our help guide on how to tag members here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/source-help/soul-source-forum-help/tagging-members-how-do-i-get-a-members-attention-r69/

which should help you achieve the below

eg @Peter99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

there is  full description via the link above, however will add a couple of images to assist below as well

tagging-members-1.jpg

tagging-members-2.jpg

once posted the member should then get a 'site notification' sent to him via pm or email that you have 'mentioned' him and a link to the post

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/source-help/soul-source-forum-help/tagging-members-how-do-i-get-a-members-attention-r69/

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

a quick events timezone pass on

your browser should view the site using the timezone you are actually in

the event guide does make use of timezones

So if you are in say Spain on your browser all the event timings will show in Spanish time

Similar when adding events, it should use your browser timezone when adding an event, if needed you can select a different timezone

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!