Do These Records Exist?

boba

I've had these on my want list for a long time because I've seen listings, but at this point I don't think they exist. Can anyone confirm / deny the existance of any of these 45s:

1. Turbo 011 - Optimistics - You put something new in my life / man

2. Chess 2083 - Radiants - Shadow of a doubt / I'm so glad I'm the loser

3. Wand 12201 - Esquires - Whip it on me / It was yesterday

4. Okeh 7338 - Cheers - I'm glad I waited / Can't let you do it

5. Motown 1315 - Third Creation - Where do I belong / Penny Annie Fortune Lady

Thanks for any help. If the record exists, I would love to see a scan. If it doesn't, it would still be awesome to know if audio exists in any form anywhere (e.g. it was an unreleased cut). Thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi

i don't have any of the tracks as 45's.

have the optimistics lp on turbo and the tracks - you put something new etc and man are on it.

i'll try and sort out clips

cheers

phil

thanks, I have the optimistics LP too, sorry I was not clear about that. Never heard any of the other ones, though. It would be cool to have the optimistics on 45, but I think it would be known if it existed, as it would appeal to northern collectors. It's strange that it has a number, though, maybe it was intended for but never released.

Social source share

I've had these on my want list for a long time because I've seen listings, but at this point I don't think they exist. Can anyone confirm / deny the existance of any of these 45s:

Thanks for any help. If the record exists, I would love to see a scan. If it doesn't, it would still be awesome to know if audio exists in any form anywhere (e.g. it was an unreleased cut). Thanks.

No 1 yes I have it somewhere.

No 2 - don't believe so

No 3 Don't believe so

No 4 - No

No 5 - Not sure

Social source share

Never seen this Radiants but I have got 'i'm Glad I'm The Loser' on Chess 2037 backed with 'Hold On'.

What's 'Shadow Of A Doubt' like then?

Social source share

Never seen this Radiants but I have got 'i'm Glad I'm The Loser' on Chess 2037 backed with 'Hold On'.

What's 'Shadow Of A Doubt' like then?

Yeah, I have the hold on record, was one of their hits. Wish I knew what shadow of a doubt sounded like. I had one more I forgot to list too:

6. Smash 2196 - Festivals - Hey Girl / Not gonna let her

I obviousy know the hey girl from the blue rock, but I'd love to hear the flip of this if it exists.

Social source share

No 1 yes I have it somewhere.

No 2 - don't believe so

No 3 Don't believe so

No 4 - No

No 5 - Not sure

Hi Steve. You have the optimistics 45 or you have the tracks? Because I have the tracks on the LP. Any chance of posting a scan of the 45 to confirm its existence? Thanks for any help.

Social source share

Hi Steve. You have the optimistics 45 or you have the tracks? Because I have the tracks on the LP. Any chance of posting a scan of the 45 to confirm its existence? Thanks for any help.

Also, here's one more that I have a listing for but have never seen, supposedly this is the lolo / calla / spectrum group. Does anyone have this?

7. Paramount 0235 - Top Shelf - Somebody tell her / it's a game

Social source share

i sold my copy of the festivals on smash to mike so ask him for the flip...as far as i can remember the flip was dreadful and not a patch on the blue rock flip.....not seen the esquires on wand but i have it on bunky somewhere......

cookie :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

not seen the esquires on wand but i have it on bunky somewhere......

What you have on Bunky is "Whip It On Me" by the Impalas - who are not the same group as the Esquires...

TONE

Social source share

What you have on Bunky is "Whip It On Me" by the Impalas - who are not the same group as the Esquires...

TONE

....maybe it is on wand :shades: ...i have the impalas too funny sort of record but it grows on you....im off to delve into the old boxes now see if i can find it.........

Social source share

I've had problems uploading it so I have made it my Avatar for a day or two. :-)

Social source share

ok i delved i do have the esquires on wand but it aint that one its you've got the power...maybe yer right i must have got em confoosed unsure.gif ...my only excuse is that its monday and its been a harsh weekend :unsure:

cookie :(

Apologies for interupting the flow of the thread tongue.gif ...but I'd just like to say that I think that " You've Got The Power" is a great little record :P ....good group too, The Esquires.

Social source share

It's now on my Avatar! Weird that as it wasn't working last night....

Hi Steve. I still see a car as your avatar? Any way you can send me the image?

ps. not for sale, but I can record you my crackly copy of the domestic five in exchange if you need a recording. You're interested in the funky side and not the ballad, right? Thanks!

Social source share

Hi Steve. I still see a car as your avatar? Any way you can send me the image?

ps. not for sale, but I can record you my crackly copy of the domestic five in exchange if you need a recording. You're interested in the funky side and not the ballad, right? Thanks!

OK will do - funny it was showing up on my avatar earlier! I will PM you with it tomorrow.

I have a crackly Domestic Five 45, I want a mint one, for both sides ( I collect deep as well). My 45 is charitably in G--- condition.....

Social source share

OK will do - funny it was showing up on my avatar earlier! I will PM you with it tomorrow.

I have a crackly Domestic Five 45, I want a mint one, for both sides ( I collect deep as well). My 45 is charitably in G--- condition.....

It shows up now, thanks! It would still be better if you could send it to me (so it would be a bigger image than the fixed-size avatarr), but now I know it exists. I've never seen the domestic five or soul in-pressions records clean.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert