Jay Avion - Celebrate/Sunshine - Pre-Order

Jay Avion - Celebrate/Sunshine - Pre-Order magazine cover

Soultownie Records Boston Mass USA

Proudly Present Their Forthcoming Vinyl Release By Minneapolis Based Jay Avion , Titled " Celebrate BW Sunshine " A Limited Run Of 300 Worldwide With NO REPRESS  All Hand Numbered. Date Of Release Scheduled For End Of June 2024.

Jay Avion has been honing his style for the past two decades. A staple of the city’s live music scene, he fronted the popular band Soulacious after independently releasing his first solo CD, Every Part of Me, in the early 2000s.

Avion recently partnered with Ben Obi to craft a new EP, from which comes the laid back steppers’ groove, “Celebrate.” Basking in the simple joys that the weekend can bring, the old-school-inspired number finds him in strong vocal form, lending his distinctive phrasing and colorful tone to the chilled-out verses and engaging refrain: “Ladies lookin’ sexy, fellas lookin’ fly/DJ’s spinnin’ my song, spin it one more time.”

Describing the process of creating “Celebrate,” Avion says: “Ben and I were eight songs into this project with two left to record. He mentioned that the landscape of music is changing in London, which is where we wanted to launch the new songs. I took the track he gave me home and played it over and over again. It reminded me of family reunions, roller skating rinks, and just happy times in the Black community that centered around gathering and celebrating life together. That’s when I came up with the song title, and the lyrics flowed from there.”

He continues, “Once the writing was finished, I went back to the studio and sang what I had. He loved the hook, but thought that I had too many lyrics. So, we began to condense them. Really trusting in a true collaboration allowed us to come up with what I think is a timeless, classic-sounding song that has been enjoyed so far across different age and racial backgrounds. It has also put us in the top five on Amazon & some of the UK Online Radio Shows as Best New Release

Any Online Stockists Wishing To Place An Order? PLEASE CONTACT KP McGoff Directly Via Facebook 

For UK SALES
£13.00 = 1 x 7"  Add £3.50 P&P 1st Class
£26.00 = 2 x 7"  Add £3.50 P&P 1st Class

Europe All Countries
£13.00 = 1 x 7" Add £11.50 P&P SENT TRACKED
£26.00 = 2 x 7" Add £11.50 P&P SENT TRACKED

R.O.T.W

All Orders Rest Of The World. 
Need to contact the label owner KP McGoff.

All USA Orders PLEASE CONTACT
KP McGoff Directly

Max 2 Copies PER CUSTOMER

You Can Secure Your Copy NOW By Pre-Ordering. Sending your payment via PayPal as F&F to soultownie@outlook.com

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS DETAILS WHEN  FORWARDING PAYMENT.

From ALL The Team @ SoulTownie We Thank You For Your Continued Support 👏

SIDE A MASTER.jpg

SIDE B MASTER.jpg

Listen: Sample #1

Listen: Sample #2

• Thanks 1

Members Comments

Recommended Comments

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!