Vondors rich girl

Go to solution Solved by Twoshoes,

Anyone have the above or heard of it, white group, dark red label. My brother had it in the 80's can't find a track of it on the net. I'm 100% on the title, 90% on the artist, possibly vondelles or similar, any help appreciated. 

Social source share

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Geeselad said:

Anyone have the above or heard of it, white group, dark red label. My brother had it in the 80's can't find a track of it on the net. I'm 100% on the title, 90% on the artist, possibly vondelles or similar, any help appreciated. 

I have a couple 45s by The Vondors, who were from Columbus, Ohio, and recorded in Cleveland. I have their record, Holiday 125 "Look In The Mirror"(vocal)/"Foot Loose"(Instrumental)".  I think I got it in 1966 or '67.  My copy is a darker orange, but couldn't be thought of as being red.  I think it sold decently in The Columbus area, because I've seen several copies.  I've never seen any Vondors' record on a red label.  I've never heard "Rich Girl".  I'd love to hear that.

"Look In The Mirror has a great "Chicago-like" late '60s sound, with a super sax break!  Here it is:   

Edited by Robbk
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Don't think this is it but it meets the criteria, The Van Dykes, b side to Miracle after Miracle, think this is possibly  to poppy, it's on you tube.

No I think that's it, I'll check! 

Social source share

5 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Don't think this is it but it meets the criteria, The Van Dykes, b side to Miracle after Miracle, think this is possibly  to poppy, it's on you tube.

Don't know where the vondors came from! 😁, thanks for the help, that's the track, it has been 35 years

4 hours ago, Robbk said:

I have a couple 45s by The Vondors, who were from Columbus, Ohio, and recorded in Cleveland. I have their record, Holiday 125 "Look In The Mirror"(vocal)/"Foot Loose"(Instrumental)".  I think I got it in 1966 or '67.  My copy is a darker orange, but couldn't be thought of as being red.  I think it sold decently in The Columbus area, because I've seen several copies.  I've never seen any Vondors' record on a red label.  I've never heard "Rich Girl".  I'd love to hear that.

"Look In The Mirror has a great "Chicago-like" late '60s sound, with a super sax break!  Here it is:   

Thanks Rob, I had researched this group but my memory of the artists name was way off 

Social source share

14 hours ago, The Yank said:

"Rich Girl" also came out on Green Sea with a different flip side-

Van.jpg

I have that record.  I think the "A" side, Gene Chandler's "Miracle After Miracle" is 1000 times better.  The Van Dykes were a "Four Seasons clone group", whose original label was New York's Co-Op Records, which released several of their 45s.  After having a minor regional hit with "Miracle After Miracle", they had to change their group name to "The Van Dyke 5", because of The Van Dykes, who had been recording for King Records.  Here is one of their charted cuts from their original Co-Op label:

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

20 hours ago, Geeselad said:

thanks for the help, that's the track, it has been 35 years

Glad to have been of help, I didn't know the track ,I enjoy a search as it throws up tunes you've never heard and probably would never come across normal circumstances .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!