New Northern Soul release?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

is the guy billing it as a 'northern' or related new release Dave, I can't see any mention of that on youtube

maybe freebasing best place for this?

Morning Mike,

The blurb states that he and his wife love Northern Soul (that's his wife dancing) and they've wanted to write a Northern Soul song for a while. This is their effort.  I put it up for discussion given the amount of cliche'd imagery in the video plus they've missed the mark by a country mile musically.  Result of recent media push of similar styled stuff?  Coming to a venue near you? 

Dave 

Social source share

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Dave Moore said:

Morning Mike,

The blurb states that he and his wife love Northern Soul (that's his wife dancing) and they've wanted to write a Northern Soul song for a while. This is their effort.  I put it up for discussion given the amount of cliche'd imagery in the video plus they've missed the mark by a country mile musically.  Result of recent media push of similar styled stuff?  Coming to a venue near you? 

Dave 

Dave the guitar break in the middle and wearing a Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" badge in the video doesn't do it any favours, if your aim is to write a Northern Soul song.

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
Social source share

It would prick my ears up if i heard it on the radio , northern feel cloned with brit pop, I expected there to be a more soulful vocal but found non at all. Just another pop record ,no objection to him trying to make a Northern record plenty of others have tried, for me failed on all fronts,vocal, lyric and cliched guitar solo where it should have had a sax break if he really wanted to try making a northern style record,not that that would have changed my opinion. Will probably get played on Craig Charles show as a perfect slab of home grown Northern Soul 🤣

Social source share

If it makes em Happy good for them. It's over 3 mins a no no for sure for me.🤣 Have heard many over the years that are  similar & people think they are great classic oldies or fab newbies. Each to their own eh. No not Soul.💤😉

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!